Kubota L45 : Specs, Problems, Attachments
The Kubota L45 is a backhoe loader tractor, first coming into production in 2009 and being manufactured until 2015. It is an extremely manoeuvrable tractor that has proved highly popular, and meets high standards still today.
It offers exceptional versatility, power and all-round capability and at the time of its manufacture set new standards for professional agricultural tractors.
It is able to perform all types of demanding tasks and all types of farm work requirements.
It is environmentally friendly and has a powerful lift and load capacity. It can be used all year round, with its controls and engineered technology making it ideal for precision farming
The Kubota L45 can undertake work that would be considered tough commercial jobs, as well as small chores that make easy work of its state of the art technology.
It has the world renowned Kubota engine installed, which offers additional power reserves for maximum performance. It is efficient and quiet, an important factor considering that its usage can run for several hours at a time
Kubota L45 specs
All information here is approximate, and all details should be checked directly with the manufacturer for any purchases made.
The Kubota L45 is a backhoe loader tractor with a four-cylinder liquid cooled diesel engine.
The engine has a displacement of just over 2 L, a gross power output of 45 hp, a dual dry element air cleaner, an electric starter system and a cooling capacity of approximately 6 1/2 L.
The chassis is a 4×4 wheel drive drive, with a rear standard differential lock. There is a hydrostatic power steering system, and a mechanical wet disc braking system.
The cabin has a four post ROPS, with a FOPS canopy as standard.
The tractor has a fuel capacity of approximately 45 L, and a hydraulic system capacity of just over 46 L
There is a rear type I tractor hitch system is, a wheelbase of 72 1/2 inches and the Kubota L45 weighs approximately 3200 kg
The hydraulics are an open centre type with a capacity of just over 12 gallons, and there is a pump flow of approximately 44lpm, and a total flow of just under 95lpm.
It has an independent rear power take off system with a rear p.m. of 540.
All details relating to specifications, parts and attachments are approximate and should be checked with the manufacturer before any purchase or repair is made.
This in part is because changes can be made to a particular model over the years of production, and also a number of websites carry detailed technical information, which can sometimes slightly differ.
When checking exact specifications for a Kubota L45, there are a number of areas to check :
Kubota L45 engine
- Engine grows HP at 3200 rpm
- PTO horsepower at 3200 rpm
- Fuel tank capacity
Kubota L45 drive train
- Drive method
- PTO– rear
- PTO – mid
Kubota L45 hydraulics
- Pump output
- Three point hitch
- Lift capacity at 24 inches behind pin
Kubota L45 tire size
- Front – turf/bar/industrial
- Rear – turf/bar/industrial
- Travelling speed – forward
- Travelling speed – reverse
Kubota L45 Dimensions
- Length with three point hitch
- Height with ROPS
- Ground clearance
- Tread – front
- Tread – rear
- Turning radius
- Tractor weight
Kubota L45 backhoe specifications (if appropriate)
- Bucket cylinder digging force
- Dipperstick cylinder digging force
- Boom swing mechanism
- Shipping weight
- Transport height
- Loading height
- Digging depth
- Swing pivot to rear axle centre line
- Reach from swing pivot
- Buckets rotation
- Swing arc
- Angle of departure
Kubota L45 Loader specifications (if applicable)
- Maximum lift height to bucket pivot pin
- Dumping clearance
- Dumping reach at maximum lift height
- Maximum dump angle
- Reach with bucket on ground
- Bucket roll back angle
- Digging depth
- Bucket width
- Lift capacity
- Breakout force
- Raising time/lowering time – with and without load
- Bucket roll back time/dumping time
Kubota L45 Problems
Problems can occur with any tractor, either new or secondhand. Sometimes these problems are to do with defects in the machine, or with parts and sometimes they are to do with poor maintenance or simple checks and remedies.
Below are listed some of the most common problems with the kubota ????? tractor, and some general ideas as to how these problems can normally be dealt with.
L45 Tractor won’t start
Check the following
- Check the transmission gear shift lever. It may not be in the right position. Place the range shift lever into neutral and check the engine throttle lever is not put forward. Move the throttle half or full impulse.
- Check and see if the battery connection is loose or corroded. Check connections and retighten it necessary
- Check and see if the fuel shutoff valve is closed.
- Check and see if the fuel is either stale, or at an improper fuel level. Drain the tank if necessary of all fuel and refill.
- Check if the engine oil viscosity is correct or not, and if not completely change the oil in the tractor.there
- Check and see if the fuel filter is plugged, and if necessary place.
- check if the air intake filter is plugged, and if it is clean or if necessary replace the air filter elements.
- Checked to see if any of the fuses have blown and if necessary replace one or all of them.
L45 Tractor won’t start, just clicks
Check the following
- Could be potential battery issues. Check that all the motor and battery connections are clean and tight.
- Check the battery voltage and its holding power and replace it necessary.
L45 Tractor cranks but will not start
- The fuel may not be getting to the cylinder. check the fuel level, the shutoff valve and the fuel filter.
- Check the air filter. It may be too cold for the cylinder to combust mixture of air and fuel.
- Move the throttle back to idle and then half throttle and attempt to restart
Starting diesel engines in cold weather
- Use proper seasonal diesel blends. Winter blends have certain additives to ensure that they remain liquid when it is cold.
- Watch and check for bio diesel percentages
- idle the engines for a time before using, this increases its efficiency and range.
- Maintain the cooling system properly. Check the overall level and quality of coolant.
- Use various engine starting aids if necessary. Some of the most common are glow plugs, intake preheaters and block heaters.
- if the engine fails to start, this could be due to the cold start system malfunctioning, the fuel injectors may be dirty or there may be a faulty switch.
L45 Engine problems.
Either the engine went start, or it is hard to start or start and then stalls. Check the following :
- There may be no fuel flow. check the tank, hoses, feel shutoff valve and fuel filter. Make sure they are all functioning properly and that there are no leaks from any of them.
- The exhaust smoke may be black. This may be due to too much oil, a clogged air filter or dirty fuel.
- The exhaust smoke may be blue or white. This may be due to fuel inside the muffler, a clogged fuel injection nozzle, poor quality fuel, a defective thermostat or that may be sediment in the fuel which may also be stale.
L45 Engine may be overheating.
Check the following
- The engine may be overloaded, in human terms too much may be asked of it. Lighten the load or shift to a lower gear
- The coolant level may be low check and see if it needs refilling and also check the hoses and radiator to make sure there are no links or loose connections.
- There may be a blockage in the coolant system that is affecting its flow. Best thing to do is to completely flush the whole coolant system and replace as necessary.
- The fan belt may be loose or damaged. It should be easy to check for wear and tear and any tension and replace as necessary.
- The radiator core or screens and dirty and simply cleaning them maybe enough to solve the problem.
L45 Steering issues
Normally the steering either feels a bit loose or may pull to one side.
- Check the steering fluid. Check the hydraulic oil level, and check for any leaks.
- Tires may be a bit low or flat. Check for low tire pressure and reinflate all replaced if needed.
- The steering linkage may be in need of lubrication.
- If there is too much play in the steering wheel, and none of the above again difference them advice and assistance should be sought from the nearest Kubota dealership, as this could be a real safety concern.
The manual for the Kubota L45 is likely to have a section entitled troubleshooting or something similar. This information is also often found on a number of major websites either entitled troubleshooting, resources or FAQ.
It’s mainly contains questions and answers on common problems and questions relating to Kubota machines generally can be a really useful source of advice.
Below are some of the main areas that are covered :
- How to obtain replacement owners manual or parts catalogue
- Free start-up checks. This can include removing debris from surrounding areas, checking oil levels and using fresh fuel.
- Follow all safety recommendations
- A recommended maintenance schedule
- How to change oil
- How to clean machine
- How to find the right spark plug
- How to lubricate gears
- How to maintain pistons and cylinders
- How to maintain air filters
- How to store when not in use
- Tire maintenance
- Which attachments are available
- How to obtain a wiring diagram
- Tracking adjustment if machine is putting to one side
- Type of fuel
- Warranty information, normally the type of coverage available depending if manufacturer or dealership warranty, and the length of the warranty as well.
- PTO problems
- Loader problems
- Steering box issues
- Starting problems
- How to fix attachments
- Optional extras as listed below
- Engine block heater
- Work lights, front and rear enabling high visibility at night
- Back buzzer
- Double acting remote hydraulic control valve
- Three point hitch
- Top and filter kit
Kubota L45 maintenance and servicing
One of the best ways to prevent a lot of common problems is to make sure that the L45 is regularly serviced, and all the recommended checks are carried out in accordance with the schedule laid out in the sservice manual.
Check the owners service and parts manual for full details
- Check all the service intervals. These are normally something like daily checks every 50 hours, every 100 hours, every 200 hours, every 400 hours, every 800 hours, every 15:00 hours, every 3000 hours, every one year, every two years and service as required.
- Maintenance of loader, including daily checks, lubrication and tire inflation.
- How best to store tractor, in terms of inside/outside, draining of fuel, maintenance of battery and electrical systems etc.
Kubota L45 and Biodiesel Fuels.
Many people like to use bio diesel fuels in their Kubota L45 , but it is an area that is slightly complicated it’s. Anyone wanting to use this type of fuel should look into it carefully, check the nature of biodiesel fuels, check manufacturers advice on whether or not to use it into engines and check potential problems it may cause. Below is a list of some of the things to consider.
- What is biodiesel
- Is it safe to use biodiesel in ???? engines – check with the manufacturer
- What are the advantages of biodiesel
- Biodiesel fuel storage guidelines
- How does using biodiesel fuel affect the engine warranty
- Potential drawbacks to using biodiesel fuel
- Cold weather flow degradation
- Stability and storage issues
- Possible filter restriction and plugging
- Possible fuel leakage through seals and hoses
- Possible reduction of service life of engine components
- Possible coaching/block injector nozzles
- Possible crankcase oil pollution
- Potential corrosion of fuel injection system
- Possible seizure of internal components
- Possible formation of sludge and sediments
- Possible thermal oxidation of fuel at elevated temperatures
- Possible steel and gasket material degradation
- Possible compatibility issues with other materials used in fuel handling distribution and storage equipment
- Possible reduction in water separator efficiency
- Potential high acid levels within fuel system
- Potential damage to paint is exposed to bio diesel
- Emissions – check engine year of manufacture
- Emissions – how to find engine emissions certificates
- Emissions – check engines horsepower rating.
Buying a second hand Kubota L45 checklist
Many problems arise with a Kubota L45 when it is brought second-hand. Below is a checklist of things to look out for when buying a used second-hand machine which if followed, may help to alleviate some of the more common problems.
- Check vehicle documents and service book, warranty documents, year of manufacture, any chassis number and any outstanding finance.
- Check tires and wheels for wear and tear. Make sure the tires are the same type on any one axle, check for rim damage and check we’ll attachment for weights
- Check gearbox, especially if any grinding noises during steering. Check differential lock engages and disengages, functional rear and front power takeoff, PTO shaft condition and any unusual noises.
- Check lifting mechanism, the hydraulic pump system, any hoses and cylinders
- Check all electrical systems, make sure it is a functional lighting system and test all electrical elements
- Engine and battery – check for leaks in the unusual noises when starting or idling, any abnormal exhaust colouration. Check battery maintenance and emission control
- Oils and liquids – check for any oil leaks and liquid levels, check engine oil, coolant, hydraulic oil, servo oils and gearbox
- Cabin and visibility – condition of drivers seat, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, display indicators working, front and rear windows free of damage and check windscreen wipers and mirrors are working properly.
- Overall condition – check the signs of repairs, proof that spare parts and accessories are original, check for any corrosion or rust and any unusual alterations to paintwork.
Kubota L45 Specs,
Kubota L45 Price,
Kubota L45 Accessories,
Kubota L45 – HST,
Kubota L45 Engine,
Kubota L45 Reviews,
Kubota L45 Problems,
Kubota L45 – Craigslist,
Kubota L45 Attachments and Implements,
Kubota L45 Backhoe,
Kubota L45 Weight,
Kubota L45 Instrument Panel,
Kubota L45 Engine Problems,
Kubota L45 Starting Problems,
Kubota L45 Steering Problems,
Kubota L45 Attachments / Implements
There are a number of attachmentsavailable for Kubota tractors, a general list of which is published below, and more detailed information beneath.
- Mower Deck
- All Purpose Seeder
- Pallett Forks
- Box Blade
- Grooming Mower
- Finishing Mower
- Fertilizer Spreader
- Rotary Tiller
- Rotary Cutter
- Rear Blade
- Wood Chopper
- Landscapr Trailer
- Post Hole Digger
- Landscape Rake
- Lawn Aerator
- Bush Hogg
- Finish Mower
- Soil Pulveriser
- Trailor Mower
- Land leveler
- Garden Bedder
- Lawn Plugger
- Bale Spear
- Blades / Box Scraper
- Field Cultivators
- Disc Harrows
- Power Harrows
- Vertical Tillage
- Round Balers
- Disc Mower Conditioners
- Plain Disc Mowers
Kubota L45 Implements
- A G 15 series arena graders
- BB 12 series box scrapers
- BB 05 series box scrapers
- CA05 series core aerators
- CA15 series core aerators
- DH 10 series disk harrows
- DRG drag harrows
- G505 series grading scrapers
- third function valves
- SGC0554 claw grapples
- SGC0548 claw grapples
- LR 16 series landscape rakes
- LR05 series landscape rakes
- MP 10 and MP 20 series mold board
- SA 20 series post hole digger
- HD 25 series post hole diggers
- PD 10 series post hole diggers
- RP16 series rear blades
- RB 15 series rear blades
- RB05 series rear blades
- SF 25 series scarifiers
- SBR series seed bed rollers
- SP 20 series soil pulverisers
- FDR 16 series grooming mowers
- QH 10 series quick hitches
- QH05 quick hitches
- QH 15 series quick hitches
- BSR 10 series bail Spears
- BS and BSE 30/40/50 series bail Spears
- BS and BSE 10/20 series bail Spears
- CB05 series combination bucket
- PFL 20 series pallet forks
- P F10 and PF 20 series pallet forks
- WC1504 wood chippers
- WC 1503 woodchipers
- RCR 12 series rotary cutters
- RTA 12 series rotary tillers
- RTR 12 series rotary tillers
- RTR 05 series rotary tillers
- FPS series food plot seeders
- PDS series pull type spreaders
- FSP series spreaders
- STB05 series snow trip blades
- WB 10 series weight box
- SPL 05 series loader Mount Snow
- SB 10 series snowblowers
- front loader
- Swift connect backhoe
Kubota L45 for sale / prices
When the Kubota L45 was first introduced in 2009/2010, it had a price tag of over US dollars 40,000. It has proved a popular tractor, and there are not a huge number of second-hand or used versions around.
It has also held its price reasonably well.
As of March 2020, there are three listings on machinery trader.com.
One is a 2015 Kubota L45 with 245 hours on the clock, for the price of US dollars 39,900.
Another is a 2017 Kubota L45 with 16:00 hours on the clock and a price of US dollars 29,000.
A third tractor listed is a 2015 Kubota L45, no specific hours listed but a price of US dollars 31,000.
Kubota L45 – Craigslist
Craigslist is a huge and popular marketplace for a wide range of agricultural products, including tractors such as the Kubota L45.
The advantage is the ability to search locally by state, and by county. This means the practicality of inspecting the tractor is much greater and much easier to manage, and also finding out its history and work detail.
The downside is that searching by locality limits the number of tractors that may be available, although if someone is willing to buy out of state then it broadens the search area significantly.
Kubota L45 Attachments
There are many potential attachments for all kubota tractors is, which are listed below.
It is important to check which are available to use with the Kubota L45.
Kubota TL1000A Loader
Its weight is just over 470 kg, its height to pin at just under 290 cm, its clearance with dumped bucket is just under 230 cms and it’s dump reach is approximately just under 17 inches.
It has a dump angle of 44° and a rollback angle of 48°. It’s bucket width is just over 70 inches.
Kubota BT1000A Backhoe
This bucket has a width of between 12 inches and 36 inches, with a digging depth of just over 120 inches.
It has a loading height of just over 90 inches and a bucket force of over 2500 kg, and a dipperstick force of just over 1700kg.
Kubota L45 Backhoe
Kubota L45 Mower Deck
Kubota L45 All Purpose Seeder
Kubota L45 Pallett Forks
Kubota L45 Box Blade
Kubota L45 Grooming Mower
Kubota L45 Finishing Mower
Kubota L45 Fertilizer Spreader
Kubota L45 Rotary Tiller
Kubota L45 Rotary Cutter
Kubota L45 Rear Blade
Kubota L45 Wood Chopper
Kubota L45 Landscapr Trailer
Kubota L45 Post Hole Digger
Kubota L45 Landscape Rake
Kubota L45 Grapple
Kubota L45 Lawn Aerator
Kubota L45 Bush Hogg
Kubota L45 Finish Mower
Kubota L45 Soil Pulveriser
Kubota L45 Plow
Kubota L45 Trailor Mower
Kubota L45 Land leveler
Kubota L45 Garden Bedder
Kubota L45 Lawn Plugger
Kubota L45 Cultipacker
Kubota L45 Bale Spear
Kubota L45 Auger
Kubota L45 Blades / Box Scraper
Kubota L45 Bucket
Kubota L45 Field Cultivators
Kubota L45 Disc Harrows
Kubota L45 Power Harrows
Kubota L45 Ploughs
Kubota L45 Vertical tillage
Kubota L45 Round Balers
Kubota L45 Disc Mower Conditioners
Kubota L45 Plain Disc Mowers
Kubota L45 Rakes
Kubota L45 Tedders
Kubota L45 Wrappers
Kubota L45 Spreaders
Kubota L45 Reviews – Common Questions
There are numerous reviews available online for the Kubota L45 , ranging from full-length video reviews on sites such as YouTube, through to discussion forums such as tractor by net. the value of video reviews ifsthey show the tractor at its best, as most of these reviews are done by dealerships, or very enthusiastic customers.
Discussion forums tend to be more focused and constructively critical. They are a wide source of valuable information and normally have most issues concerning this tractor covered already, or have a wide range of users who are willing to the help with most detailed problems and questions
Kubota L45 Owners Manual
The owners manual and the service manual for the Kubota L45 are normally quite easy to obtain. If buying a new tractor then the manual will come with it, or should come with it, either as a hardback book, or as a downloadable PDF from differewnt websites.
If buying a used tractor and the handbook or manual is not available, then you can normally be obtained either from a dealership, or a number of sites online that offer it either as a free download, or available at a nominal charge.
Owners manuals and service manuals can also often be obtained from sites such as eBay and Amazon.