Kubota KX91 Excavator : Specs, Prices, Buyers Guide
Kubota KX91 Excavator
The Kubota KX91 Excavator is a compact and powerful machine designed to handle tough excavating jobs. Here is everything you need to know about this excavator:
The Kubota KX91 is powered by a 40.5-horsepower Kubota V3307 engine that meets Tier 4 Final emissions standards. The engine is turbocharged and intercooled, providing plenty of power and torque for even the most demanding jobs.
The KX91 has a maximum digging depth of 11 feet 6 inches and a maximum reach of 13 feet 2 inches. The bucket force is 14,660 pounds, and the arm force is 8,554 pounds. These impressive digging forces allow the KX91 to power through tough soil and rock.
The KX91 is also equipped with a number of features that make it easy to operate and maintain. These features include:
- A spacious and comfortable cab with excellent visibility
- A load-sensing hydraulic system that provides smooth and precise control
- A two-speed travel system for efficient operation on and off the job site
- A convenient two-pattern selection system that allows operators to switch between ISO and SAE controls
- A variety of optional attachments, including hydraulic thumbs, breakers, and augers
Kubota KX91-3 Specs
The Kubota KX91-3 is a compact excavator that offers impressive power and performance for various construction and excavation tasks. Here are the key specifications for the Kubota KX91-3:
- Engine Type: Kubota D1703-M-DI
- Displacement: 1.647 liters
- Gross Horsepower: 27.5 horsepower (20.5 kW) at 2200 rpm
- Emission Compliance: EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V
- Hydraulic Pump Capacity: 21.6 GPM (82 L/min)
- Auxiliary Hydraulic Flow: 17.4 GPM (66 L/min)
- Maximum Hydraulic Pressure: 3,046 psi (210 bar)
- Operating Weight (With Canopy): Approximately 7,350 lbs (3,340 kg)
- Operating Weight (With Cab): Approximately 7,760 lbs (3,520 kg)
- Overall Length: 15.6 ft (4,750 mm)
- Overall Height (With Canopy): 8.7 ft (2,660 mm)
- Overall Height (With Cab): 8.8 ft (2,680 mm)
- Overall Width: 5.6 ft (1,700 mm)
- Track Width: 1.8 ft (450 mm)
- Max Digging Depth: 11.8 ft (3,600 mm)
- Max Dump Height: 12.9 ft (3,940 mm)
- Max Digging Reach: 19.3 ft (5,870 mm)
- Max Bucket Digging Force: 6,966 lbs (31.0 kN)
- Max Arm Digging Force: 3,957 lbs (17.6 kN)
- Track Type: Rubber or Steel Tracks (depending on configuration)
- Track Length: 6.8 ft (2,090 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 12.0 inches (300 mm)
- Canopy or Cab: The KX91-3 is available in both canopy and cab configurations, providing options for operator comfort and protection from the elements.
- Travel Speed: The machine can travel at a maximum speed of 2.6 mph (4.2 km/h).
- Blade: The excavator is equipped with a dozer blade for grading and leveling tasks.
- Engine: The KX91-3’s diesel engine delivers superior horsepower and performance. It offers low noise and vibration levels, exceptional fuel efficiency, and complies with the EPA’s 2008 interim Tier IV emissions regulations
- Bucket Breakout: The KX91-3 has a strong bucket breakout, even when heavily loaded
- Operating Weight: The KX91-3’s operating weight is 7,343 lbs. (3,330 kg)
- Digging Depth: The excavator is engineered solid to give you the deepest digging depth and highest power in its class
- Manoeuvrability: The KX91-3 is designed for outstanding manoeuvrability, operational performance, operator comfort, ease of servicing, durability, and reliability
- User-Friendly Operation: The excavator has simple forefinger operation and user-friendly operation
- Compact Size: The KX91-3 is a compact excavator that can easily fit into tight spaces
Kubota offers several models of excavators, including the KX91-3. The KX91-3 is part of the KX91 Super Series, which is built rugged, responsive, and reliable to handle tough excavator jobs.
Kubota KX91-3 Price
The price of a Kubota KX91-3 excavator varies depending on a number of factors, including the condition of the machine, the year it was made, the attachments that are included, and the location of the seller.
However, you can expect to pay between $45,000 and $65,000 for a used Kubota KX91-3 excavator in good condition.
The price of a Kubota KX91-3 excavator can vary depending on several factors, including the model’s configuration, optional features, geographic location, and the dealer you purchase it from.
Here are some tips for getting the best price on a Kubota KX91-3 excavator:
- Shop around and compare prices from different sellers.
- Consider buying a used excavator. Used excavators can be a great value, especially if they are in good condition.
- Be willing to negotiate on the price. Many sellers are willing to negotiate, especially if you are buying a used excavator or if you are buying multiple machines.
- Ask about financing options. Many sellers offer financing options, which can make it easier to purchase an excavator.
Kubota KX91-3 Parts and Parts Diagram
The Kubota KX91-3 excavator is a compact and versatile machine used in various construction and excavation tasks. Here are the main components and parts typically found on a Kubota KX91-3:
- Engine: The engine provides power to the excavator. The KX91-3 is equipped with a Kubota D1703-M-DI diesel engine.
- Hydraulic System: The hydraulic system includes pumps, hoses, and cylinders that control the movement of the machine’s arms, bucket, and other attachments.
- Boom and Arm: The boom extends vertically from the machine’s body, while the arm (or dipper) is attached to the end of the boom. These components are crucial for digging, lifting, and reaching tasks.
- Bucket: The bucket is the attachment at the end of the arm and is used for digging, scooping, and lifting materials.
- Tracks: The tracks provide mobility and stability to the excavator. They allow the machine to move and operate on various terrains.
- Cab or Canopy: The operator’s compartment, which may have a cab (enclosed) or canopy (open), provides a comfortable and safe working environment for the operator.
- Control Panel: Inside the cabin, the control panel houses various controls, monitors, and levers, allowing the operator to manage the machine’s functions and monitor performance.
- Blade: The excavator may be equipped with a dozer blade at the front, used for leveling and grading tasks.
- Counterweight: Located at the rear of the excavator, the counterweight helps balance the machine during lifting and digging operations.
- Tracks and Undercarriage: The tracks and the undercarriage components support the machine’s weight, provide stability, and facilitate movement. They include components like rollers, sprockets, and idlers.
- Safety Features: The KX91-3 is equipped with safety features such as ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure) and FOPS (Falling Object Protective Structure) to protect the operator in case of accidents.
- Access Panels and Maintenance Points: The machine includes access panels and maintenance points that allow for easy access to essential components, simplifying routine maintenance and repairs.
- Auxiliary Hydraulic Ports: These ports allow for the connection of various attachments and accessories, expanding the machine’s capabilities.
These are the primary parts and components of the Kubota KX91-3 excavator.
Depending on specific configurations, optional features, and attachments, there may be variations. When working with heavy machinery like the KX91-3, always follow recommended maintenance and safety guidelines to ensure both safety and optimal performance.
Parts diagrams are typically available through official Kubota resources, dealerships, or the manufacturer’s website.
To obtain a parts diagram for the Kubota KX91-3 excavator, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Kubota website
- Navigate to the “Service & Support” or “Parts” section: Look for a section on the website that provides support, service, or parts information for Kubota equipment.
- Locate the parts diagram: Within the service or parts section, there should be an option to access parts diagrams or manuals for specific Kubota equipment. Search for “KX91-3” or browse through their excavator section.
- Download or view the diagram: Once you’ve located the KX91-3 parts diagram, you can typically download, view, or print it for reference. This will provide you with a detailed visual representation of the machine’s parts and their assembly.
- Contact your local Kubota dealership: If you can’t find the parts diagram online, you can contact your nearest Kubota dealership or authorized service center. They can often provide you with the information or direct you to the right resources.
Parts diagrams are essential for identifying and ordering replacement parts, as well as for performing maintenance and repairs on your Kubota KX91-3 excavator.
Always ensure that you are using genuine Kubota replacement parts and follow proper maintenance and repair procedures when working with heavy equipment.
Kubota KX91-3 Tracks
The Kubota KX91-3 compact excavator can be equipped with either rubber tracks or steel tracks, depending on your specific needs and the terrain in which you’ll be operating the machine.
Both types of tracks have their advantages, and the choice depends on factors like the type of work you’ll be doing and the ground conditions.
Here’s a brief overview of both track options:
- Rubber Tracks:
- Rubber tracks are a popular choice for compact excavators like the KX91-3 because they are versatile and suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Benefits of rubber tracks include lower ground pressure, which reduces the risk of damaging sensitive surfaces like lawns, asphalt, or concrete.
- Rubber tracks also provide improved traction and are less likely to cause surface damage, making them suitable for urban and residential construction sites.
- They tend to be quieter than steel tracks, which can be advantageous in noise-sensitive areas.
- Rubber tracks are less likely to leave marks on surfaces, making them a good choice for landscaping and maintenance tasks.
- Steel Tracks:
- Steel tracks are more durable and suitable for heavy-duty applications and harsh working conditions.
- They are less likely to wear out quickly, making them a good choice for tough terrains, rocky surfaces, or abrasive environments.
- Steel tracks provide better stability and traction in challenging conditions, making them suitable for off-road, forestry, or agricultural applications.
- They can handle higher weight loads and are less prone to punctures or cuts.
- Steel tracks may be more durable in the long run but can cause more surface damage and have a higher ground pressure compared to rubber tracks.
The choice between rubber and steel tracks ultimately depends on the specific requirements of your project and the ground conditions you’ll be working on.
If you require versatility and plan to work on a variety of surfaces, rubber tracks are often the preferred option. However, if you need the durability and stability for more challenging terrains, steel tracks may be the better choice.
Your local Kubota dealership can provide guidance on the most suitable track type for your needs and may offer options for switching between track types to suit different projects.
The Kubota KX91-3 excavator normally uses rubber tracks. Rubber tracks are a popular choice for mini excavators because they offer a number of advantages over steel tracks, including:
- Reduced ground damage: Rubber tracks are less likely to damage delicate surfaces, such as asphalt and concrete.
- Smoother ride: Rubber tracks provide a smoother ride than steel tracks, which can reduce operator fatigue and improve productivity.
- Reduced noise: Rubber tracks are quieter than steel tracks, making them ideal for jobs in urban areas or near sensitive noise receptors.
- Lower maintenance costs: Rubber tracks require less maintenance than steel tracks, which can save operators money in the long run.
The Kubota KX91-3 uses rubber tracks with a width of 230 mm, a pitch of 96 mm, and 31 links.
It is important to use the correct size and type of rubber tracks on your Kubota KX91-3 excavator. Using the wrong tracks can damage your excavator and reduce its performance.
Here are some tips for maintaining the rubber tracks on your Kubota KX91-3 excavator:
- Inspect the tracks regularly for signs of wear and tear. Replace the tracks if they are damaged or worn.
- Keep the tracks clean and free of debris.
- Avoid operating the excavator on sharp or abrasive surfaces.
- Tighten the track bolts regularly.
- Lubricate the track rollers and idlers according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
By following these tips, you can help to extend the life of the rubber tracks on your Kubota KX91-3 excavator.
Here are some additional tips for using rubber tracks safely and effectively:
- Be careful not to overload the excavator. Overloading the excavator can damage the rubber tracks and make it difficult to control.
- Avoid operating the excavator on slopes that are too steep. Operating the excavator on steep slopes can increase the risk of the tracks slipping off.
- Be careful when maneuvering the excavator in tight spaces. The rubber tracks can be damaged if they come into contact with obstacles.
- The Kubota KX91-3 excavator uses rubber tracks that are specially designed to fit the machine’s specifications.
- The track size for the Kubota KX91-3 is 300×52.5×80
- The weight of the tracks ranges from 300 to 301 pounds
- The tracks are made from a specially formulated rubber compound that resists cutting and tearing
- The tracks are sold by various suppliers, including Amazon, National 1 Track & Parts, Texas Rubber Tracks, Rubbertrax, and SkidHeaven.com
It is important to ensure that the tracks purchased are the correct size and specifications for the Kubota KX91-3 excavator to ensure proper fit and performance.
Additionally, it is recommended to inspect the tracks regularly for signs of wear and damage, such as cuts, tears, or missing lugs. If any damage is found, the tracks should be replaced immediately to prevent further damage to the machine.
Where can I buy Kubota KX91-3 tracks?
Kubota KX91-3 tracks can be purchased from various suppliers, including Amazon, Fortis HD, United Skid Tracks, Texas Rubber Tracks, Rubbertrax, and SkidHeaven.com.
These suppliers offer aftermarket tracks that are designed to fit the Kubota KX91-3 excavator’s specifications.
It is important to ensure that the tracks purchased are the correct size and specifications for the Kubota KX91-3 excavator to ensure proper fit and performance.
How long do Kubota KX91-3 tracks typically last?
The lifespan of Kubota KX91-3 tracks depends on several factors, such as the operating conditions, frequency of use, and maintenance.
Generally, rubber tracks for heavy equipment like the Kubota KX91-3 excavator last between 1,200 and 1,600 operating hours.
However, this can vary depending on the terrain and the level of wear and tear on the tracks. It is recommended to inspect the tracks regularly for signs of wear and damage, such as cuts, tears, or missing lugs.
If any damage is found, the tracks should be replaced immediately to prevent further damage to the machine.
What is the installation process for Kubota KX91-3 tracks?
The installation process for Kubota KX91-3 tracks may vary depending on the supplier and the type of tracks purchased. However, generally, the installation process involves the following steps:
- Remove the old tracks: Use a mechanical kit to remove the old worn-out tracks from the excavator.
- Install the new tracks: Put on the new tracks in the same way as the old ones were removed. Ensure that the tracks are properly aligned and tensioned.
- Test the tracks: After installation, test the tracks to ensure that they are functioning correctly and that the tension is correct.
It is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation to ensure that the tracks are installed correctly and safely.
Additionally, it is important to ensure that the tracks purchased are the correct size and specifications for the Kubota KX91-3 excavator to ensure proper fit and performance.
Kubota KX91 Attachments
- Standard Excavator Bucket: Used for general digging and excavation tasks.
- Trenching Bucket: Narrower and deeper bucket for digging trenches.
- Ditching Bucket: Wider bucket for creating ditches and trenches.
- Grading Accessories:
- Grading Bucket: Designed with a flat bottom for leveling and grading tasks.
- Hydraulic Angle Blade: Provides a hydraulically adjustable blade for more precise grading and leveling.
- Materials Handling Attachments:
- Hydraulic Thumb: A thumb attachment for picking up and gripping objects, ideal for materials handling.
- Hydraulic Clamp: A clamp attachment for grasping and lifting various materials and objects.
- Auger Attachment: Used for drilling holes in the ground, commonly used in construction, landscaping, and foundation work.
- Rippers and Breakers:
- Ripper Attachment: Used for breaking up hard or compacted soil and rocks.
- Hydraulic Breaker: A powerful attachment for breaking concrete and rock.
- Compaction Wheels:
- Compaction Wheel Attachment: Used for compacting soil, backfill, and trenching work.
- Rakes and Grapples:
- Grapple Attachment: Designed for picking up and handling loose materials like logs, brush, or debris.
- Rake Attachment: Used for clearing and raking debris from the ground.
- Rippers and Shanks:
- Scarifier Attachment: Used for loosening and cultivating soil or breaking up compacted surfaces.
- Pallet Forks:
- Pallet Fork Attachment: Designed for moving pallets and materials, common in warehouses and construction sites.
- Snow Removal Attachments:
- Snow Blade: Used for snow removal and plowing.
- Broom Attachment:
- Sweeper or Broom Attachment: Ideal for sweeping and cleaning surfaces, common in street maintenance and landscaping.
- Root Grapples:
- Root Grapple Attachment: Used for handling and removing tree roots and debris.
These attachments can greatly enhance the versatility and utility of the Kubota KX91-3 excavator, allowing it to perform a wide range of tasks, from excavation and grading to materials handling and specialty applications.
The choice of attachments depends on the specific job requirements, and the flexibility of this machine allows you to adapt it to various projects in the construction, landscaping, agriculture, and other industries.
The Kubota KX91 is a powerful and versatile excavator that can handle a wide range of jobs. It is particularly well-suited for tough applications such as trenching through compacted soil or excavating in rocky conditions.
The KX91 is also known for its fuel efficiency. The Kubota V3307 engine is designed to minimize fuel consumption, which can save operators money in the long run.
The Kubota KX91 is built to last. It is constructed with high-quality materials and components, and it is backed by a strong warranty.
Kubota excavators are also known for their low maintenance requirements. The KX91 is equipped with a number of features that make it easy to maintain, such as easy-to-access service points and extended maintenance intervals.
Kubota K91-3 Applications
The Kubota KX91 is a versatile excavator that can be used for a wide range of construction applications. Some of the most common applications include:
- Site preparation
- Utility work
- Road construction
The Kubota KX91 has a number of advantages over other excavators in its class. These advantages include:
- Power and performance: The KX91 is one of the most powerful and versatile excavators in its class. It is capable of handling a wide range of jobs, including tough applications such as trenching through compacted soil or excavating in rocky conditions.
- Fuel efficiency: The Kubota V3307 engine is designed to minimize fuel consumption, which can save operators money in the long run.
- Reliability: The Kubota KX91 is built to last. It is constructed with high-quality materials and components, and it is backed by a strong warranty.
- Low maintenance requirements: The KX91 is equipped with a number of features that make it easy to maintain, such as easy-to-access service points and extended maintenance intervals.
- Operator comfort: The KX91 features a spacious and comfortable cab with excellent visibility. This helps to reduce operator fatigue and improve productivity.
- John Deere 35G: The John Deere 35G is a compact excavator designed to tackle various tasks with precision and power. Its small footprint and versatility make it ideal for jobs in tight spaces, whether digging trenches, grading, or landscaping
- Bobcat E35: The Bobcat E35 offers a robust design and exceptional digging capabilities. It boasts a powerful hydraulic system that delivers impressive performance, making it suitable for heavy-duty excavation
- CAT 303.5: The CAT 303.5 is a compact excavator that is designed to deliver high performance in a small package. It is ideal for a wide range of applications, including digging, trenching, and demolition
Buying or Renting:
When deciding whether to buy or rent a mini excavator, it is important to consider the cost and the frequency of use. If you’re going to buy a mini excavator, you’d have to have credit capacity, or the capacity to make the lender feel confident