The Kubota U48 is a 4.7-ton mini excavator that is known for its power, versatility, and reliability.
It is powered by a Kubota V2607-DI engine that produces 47.6 horsepower, and it has a maximum digging depth of 10 feet 8 inches.
The U48 also has a tight tail swing, which makes it ideal for working in confined spaces.Here are some key features and benefits of the Kubota U48 Excavator:
- Compact Design: The Kubota U48 Excavator has a compact body that allows it to work in tight spaces and navigate through narrow passages. This makes it ideal for construction and excavation work in urban areas.
- Powerful Engine: The Kubota U48 Excavator is powered by a Kubota Tier 4 emission engine that delivers high performance and efficiency. The modern engine design maximizes digging and lifting performance, delivers minimized noise and vibration, and meets the latest engine emission regulation.
- Hydraulic Angle Blade: The hydraulic angle blade can be angled to the right or left to push soil to the side as the machine moves forward, eliminating the need for repetitive repositioning at right angles when backfilling trenches.
- Two-Speed Drive: All Kubota excavators have a two-speed drive that allows for efficient machine maneuverability and backfill operations.
- Optional Keyless Start: The Kubota U48 Excavator has an optional keyless start feature that allows the engine to be started by entering a 4-digit passcode using the excavator keypad. This eliminates the need for physical keys and provides added security.
- Rear-View Camera: The factory-designed rear-view camera provides increased visibility towards the rear of the compact excavator by displaying the view on the 7” LCD screen in the cab.
- Versatile performance: The U48 is a versatile excavator that can be used for a wide variety of tasks, including digging, trenching, and loading. It is also equipped with a two-speed travel system, which allows it to move quickly and efficiently from one job site to another.
- Tight tail swing: The U48 has a tight tail swing, which makes it ideal for working in confined spaces. This is a valuable feature for contractors who work on urban job sites or in other areas where space is limited.
- Operator comfort and convenience: The U48 is equipped with a number of features that make it comfortable and convenient for operators to use. These features include a spacious cab with air conditioning, a comfortable seat, and easy-to-reach controls.
- Serviceability: The U48 is designed to be easy to service. This helps to reduce downtime and keep the excavator running smoothly.
Kubota U48 Applications
The Kubota U48 excavator is a versatile machine that can be used for a wide variety of applications, including:
- Construction: The U48 is a popular choice for construction contractors because of its power, versatility, and reliability. It can be used for a variety of tasks, including digging, trenching, and loading.
- Landscaping: The U48 is also a popular choice for landscapers. It can be used for a variety of tasks, such as excavating for ponds, planting trees, and installing irrigation systems.
- Other applications: The U48 can also be used for a variety of other applications, such as demolition, utility installation, and disaster relief.
- Increased Productivity: The Kubota U48 Excavator delivers superior performance and operator comfort for maximum productivity. Its compact design and powerful engine allow it to work efficiently in tight spaces and complete tasks quickly.
- Easy Maintenance: Kubota has made routine maintenance extremely simple by consolidating primary maintenance points for quick and easy access.
- Versatility: The Kubota U48 Excavator is a versatile machine that can be used for a wide range of construction and excavation tasks, including digging, trenching, grading, and demolition.
- Operator Comfort: The Kubota U48 Excavator is designed with operator comfort in mind. The cab is spacious and comfortable, with a high-back suspension seat, adjustable armrests, and a climate control system.
- Safety: The Kubota U48 Excavator is equipped with a Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS) and seat belt in almost all applications, providing added safety for the operator.
The Kubota U48 Excavator is designed to deliver exceptional power and performance, making it an ideal choice for various construction and excavation projects.
At the heart of this robust machine is its powerful Kubota V2403-M-DI engine. This 4-cylinder, 45.7-horsepower diesel engine provides the U48 with the muscle it needs to tackle even the toughest tasks.
Whether you’re digging trenches, excavating foundations, or handling other earth-moving jobs, the U48 offers the power required to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
The engine is designed to be highly fuel-efficient, which not only helps in cost savings but also reduces the machine’s environmental impact.
The common-rail direct injection (CRDI) technology ensures precise fuel delivery, optimizing combustion and lowering emissions. This combination of power and efficiency makes the U48 a standout performer on the job site.
Kubota U48 Price
The price of a new Kubota U48 excavator varies depending on the dealer, location, and options that are selected. However, the average price of a new Kubota U48 excavator in the United States is around $68,600.
The price of a used Kubota U48 excavator will vary depending on the age, condition, and hours of the machine. However, used Kubota U48 excavators typically sell for between $20,000 and $40,000.
Here are some factors that can affect the price of a Kubota U48 excavator:
- Dealer: Different dealers may have different prices for Kubota excavators. It is important to shop around and compare prices from multiple dealers before making a purchase.
- Location: The location of the dealer can also affect the price of a Kubota excavator. Dealers in high-cost areas may charge higher prices than dealers in lower-cost areas.
- Options: The options that are selected for the excavator can also affect the price. For example, a Kubota U48 excavator with a hydraulic thumb will be more expensive than a Kubota U48 excavator without a hydraulic thumb.
It is important to note that the prices listed above are just averages. The actual price of a Kubota U48 excavator may vary depending on the factors listed above.
The price of the Kubota U48 Excavator varies depending on the location, dealer, and model year. Here are some examples:
- MachineryTrader.com lists new and used Kubota U48-5 Excavators for sale, with prices ranging from $55,000 to $85,000
- EquipmentTrader.com lists new Kubota U48-5 Excavators for sale, with prices ranging from $79,393 to $85,887
- KubotaUSA.com lists the MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) for the Kubota U48-5 Excavator as “SEE DEALERSHIP FOR PRICE”
- MarketBook.ca lists used Kubota U48-4 Excavators for sale, with prices ranging from CAD $57,083 to CAD $62,791
- MyLittleSalesman.com lists a 2023 Kubota U48-5 Mini Excavator for sale at $79,800 USD
- ApexRentalCo.com lists the rental price for a Kubota U48-5 12,000lb Mini Excavator as $369 per day, $1,450 per week, $3,300 per month, or $620 per weekend.
There may be additional costs or fees associated with purchasing a Kubota U48 Excavator. Here are some factors to consider:
- Tax: The price of the Kubota U48 Excavator may not include tax, which varies depending on the location and local tax laws.
- Dealer Fees: Some dealers may charge additional fees, such as documentation fees, delivery fees, or preparation fees. These fees may vary depending on the dealer and location.
- Optional Equipment: The price of the Kubota U48 Excavator may not include optional equipment, such as attachments, that can be added to the machine for an additional cost.
It is important to check with your local dealer for a complete breakdown of the costs associated with purchasing a Kubota U48 Excavator. They can provide you with a detailed quote that includes all applicable taxes, fees, and optional equipment. Additionally, it is important to consider ongoing costs such as maintenance, repairs, and fuel when budgeting for a new machine.
Kubota Dealer Fees
Here are some common dealer fees associated with purchasing a Kubota U48 Excavator:
- Documentation Fees: Some dealers may charge documentation fees, which cover the cost of preparing and filing paperwork related to the sale of the machine.
- Delivery Fees: If the dealer is delivering the machine to your location, they may charge a delivery fee to cover the cost of transportation.
- Preparation Fees: Some dealers may charge preparation fees, which cover the cost of preparing the machine for delivery. This may include tasks such as cleaning, fueling, and inspecting the machine.
It is important to check with your local dealer for a complete breakdown of the costs associated with purchasing a Kubota U48 Excavator. They can provide you with a detailed quote that includes all applicable taxes, fees, and optional equipment.
Kubota U48 Specs
Here are the typical specifications for the Kubota U48 Excavator:
- Model: Kubota V2403-M-DI
- Type: 4-cylinder, turbocharged, liquid-cooled diesel engine
- Displacement: 2.434 liters
- Gross horsepower: Approximately 45.7 horsepower
- Can vary depending on the configuration, including optional attachments and features, but it typically falls within a range of around 10,000 to 12,000 pounds (4,500 to 5,400 kilograms).
- The bucket size can vary, and there are typically multiple bucket options available for the U48, allowing you to select the most suitable size for your specific job.
Max Digging Depth:
- The maximum digging depth can vary depending on the arm configuration, typically reaching up to around 12 to 13 feet (3.6 to 4 meters).
Max Dump Height:
- The maximum dump height, which is the height to which the excavator can lift material in the bucket, is typically around 13 to 14 feet (3.9 to 4.3 meters).
- The track width can vary, but it is typically around 15 to 17 inches (38 to 43 centimeters).
- The overall length, including the standard arm, is approximately 18 to 19 feet (5.5 to 5.8 meters).
- The overall width typically ranges from about 5.9 to 6.4 feet (1.8 to 1.9 meters).
- The overall height, which can vary based on the configuration, usually falls within a range of around 8.4 to 8.9 feet (2.6 to 2.7 meters).
Fuel Tank Capacity:
- The U48 typically has a fuel tank capacity of around 20 to 22 gallons (76 to 83 liters).
- The U48 features a robust hydraulic system designed for efficient and precise operation, with multiple auxiliary hydraulic circuits to support various attachments.
- The U48 is equipped with a comfortable and spacious operator’s station, featuring air conditioning and heating for all-weather comfort. It also includes safety features like ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure) and FOPS (Falling Object Protective Structure) for operator safety.
Enhanced Operator Comfort
While power and performance are essential, operator comfort and safety are equally paramount. The Kubota U48 Excavator is designed with the operator in mind, ensuring that long hours on the job site are as comfortable and safe as possible.
The operator’s station is equipped with a spacious and ergonomically designed cabin. It provides a comfortable and quiet working environment, reducing operator fatigue during extended work periods. The seat is adjustable and comes with ample lumbar support, ensuring that operators can customize their seating position for maximum comfort.
The machine is also equipped with a climate control system that allows operators to work in any weather condition comfortably. This ensures that extreme temperatures or inclement weather won’t hinder productivity.
For safety, the U48 is equipped with features such as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS) and a falling object protective structure (FOPS). These structures provide an additional layer of protection for the operator in case of unexpected incidents on the job site.
Versatility and Efficiency
The Kubota U48 Excavator’s versatility is one of its most appealing features. Its zero-tail swing design allows it to operate efficiently in tight spaces, making it well-suited for urban construction projects where space is limited. The compact size of the U48 does not compromise its power and capabilities, allowing it to excel in both confined and open job sites.
The U48 is available with a choice of digging arms, allowing operators to select the best fit for their specific needs. The two available options, standard and long arms, offer flexibility in digging depth and reach, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
In addition to its versatile arm options, the U48 is compatible with various attachments, including buckets, hydraulic hammers, and augers. These attachments further enhance the machine’s adaptability, enabling it to tackle different tasks with ease. Whether it’s excavating, grading, trenching, or breaking concrete, the Kubota U48 can be configured to match the requirements of the job.
Kubota U48 User-Friendly Control
The Kubota U48 Excavator is equipped with intuitive and user-friendly controls, making it accessible to both seasoned operators and those new to the machine. The hydraulic joystick controls are designed for precise and responsive operation, allowing operators to maneuver with ease and efficiency. The U48 also features a digital display that provides vital information, ensuring operators have real-time feedback on the machine’s performance.
For further convenience and safety, the U48 is equipped with a travel alarm system that alerts those in the vicinity of the machine when it’s in motion, enhancing job site safety.
Maintenance and Durability
Kubota is renowned for producing equipment that is built to last, and the U48 Excavator is no exception. The machine’s durability is reflected in its construction and components. High-quality materials and robust engineering ensure that the U48 can withstand the rigors of demanding job sites.
Routine maintenance is simplified, with easily accessible service points and a tilting operator’s platform that provides quick and convenient access to the engine and other critical components. This ease of maintenance reduces downtime, allowing operators to keep the machine running at peak performance.
The Kubota U48 excavator has received positive reviews from customers. Customers have praised the excavator for its power, versatility, reliability, and ease of use.
Here is a sample of customer reviews:
- “The Kubota U48 is a great excavator. It’s powerful, versatile, and reliable. I’ve used it for a variety of tasks, and it has always performed well.”
- “I’m a landscaper, and I use the Kubota U48 excavator on a daily basis. It’s the perfect machine for my needs. It’s powerful enough to handle any task, but it’s also compact enough to move in tight spaces.”
- “I’ve been using the Kubota U48 excavator for a few years now, and I’ve been very impressed with it. It’s a well-built machine that is easy to use and maintain. I would definitely recommend it to other contractors.”
The Kubota U35 is a 3.5-ton zero-tail swing excavator that is known for its power, versatility, and reliability. It is a popular choice for a variety of applications, including landscaping, construction, and demolition.
The Kubota U35 is powered by a 24.8-horsepower Kubota D1105-E2BH13 diesel engine. It has a maximum operating weight of 8,234 pounds and a bucket capacity of 0.10 cubic meters, and has a maximum reach of 15.6 feet and a maximum digging depth of 9.8 feet.
The Kubota U35 excavator is a compact and versatile machine that can handle a wide range of tasks. Here are some key features and specifications:
Kubota U35 Features
- Spacious cab: The U35-4 model features a deluxe cab that is spacious and comfortable, providing a luxurious experience for the operator
- Tight tail swing: The U35-4 has a tight tail swing design that allows it to maneuver easily in confined spaces
- Powerful hydraulic system: The U35-4 has a hydraulic system that provides smooth and precise control over the machine’s movements, allowing for efficient digging, lifting, and maneuvering of materials
- Auxiliary attachments: The U35-4 has an auxiliary circuit that allows for easy operation of auxiliary attachments with precise oil flow control
- Two-speed drive: All Kubota excavators, including the U35, have a two-speed drive that allows for efficient machine manoeuvrability and backfill operations
- Powerful engine: The Kubota D1105-E2BH13 diesel engine provides the U35 with ample power for even the most demanding tasks.
- Large bucket capacity: The 0.10 cubic meter bucket capacity allows the U35 to move a significant amount of material quickly and efficiently.
- Long reach and digging depth: The 15.6-foot maximum reach and 9.8-foot maximum digging depth allow the U35 to reach and excavate materials in a variety of locations.
Kubota U35 Specifications
Below are some key specifications:
- Engine Model: Kubota V1505-E3-D24
- Engine Type: 4-Cylinder, 4-Cycle, Liquid-Cooled Diesel
- Displacement: 1.498 L (91.41 cu. in)
- Gross Horsepower: 23.9 hp (17.8 kW) at 2400 RPM
- Net Horsepower: 21.5 hp (16.0 kW) at 2400 RPM
- Operating Weight (With Canopy): Approximately 7,935 lbs (3,600 kg)
- Operating Weight (With Cab): Approximately 8,303 lbs (3,770 kg)
- Maximum Digging Depth: 10.5 feet (3.2 meters)
- Maximum Reach at Ground Level: 17.7 feet (5.4 meters)
- Maximum Dump Height: 11.8 feet (3.6 meters)
- Digging Force (Bucket): 6,585 lbs (29.3 kN)
- Digging Force (Arm): 3,785 lbs (16.8 kN)
- Travel Speed: Low: 1.3 mph (2.1 km/h), High: 2.3 mph (3.7 km/h)
- Ground Pressure (Rubber Tracks): 4.7 psi (32.4 kPa)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 11.9 gallons (45 liters)
- Length (Transport Position): 16.4 feet (4.98 meters)
- Width (Transport Position): 5.4 feet (1.65 meters)
- Height (Transport Position): 8.4 feet (2.57 meters)
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 0.59 feet (0.18 meters)
- Hydraulic Pump Flow: 14.9 gpm (56.3 L/min)
- Auxiliary Hydraulic Flow: 13.2 gpm (50.0 L/min)
- Operating Pressure (Auxiliary): 3,046 psi (21 MPa)
- Swing Speed: 8.9 RPM
- Hydraulic Oil Capacity: 8.5 gallons (32.2 liters)
- Engine Coolant Capacity: 2.4 gallons (9.2 liters)
- Engine Oil Capacity: 2.8 quarts (2.65 liters)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 11.9 gallons (45 liters)
- Track Width: 15.7 inches (400 mm)
- Number of Track Rollers (per side): 4
- Number of Carrier Rollers (per side): 1
- Cab: Optional ROPS/FOPS cab with heating and air conditioning
- Noise Level (Operator Ear): 81.2 dB(A)
Please note that these specifications are approximate and may vary slightly depending on the specific model and any optional attachments or features added to the Kubota U35 excavator.
It’s essential to consult the manufacturer or official Kubota resources for the most up-to-date and precise information regarding this machine
- Operating weight: The U35-4 has an operating weight of 8,478 pounds
- Engine: The U35-4 is powered by a Kubota Tier 4 emission engine that maximizes digging and lifting performance, minimizes noise and vibration, and meets the latest engine emission regulation
- Horsepower: The U35-4 has a horsepower range of 10.3 to 47.6
- Bucket capacity: The U35-4 has a bucket capacity of 0.11 to 0.21 cubic yards
- Digging depth: The U35-4 has a digging depth of 10 feet 7 inches
- Arm breakout force: The U35-4 has an arm breakout force of 4,250 pounds
- Travel speed: The U35-4 has a travel speed of 2.7 to 3.4 miles per hour.
Kubota U35 Final Drive
The final drive in a Kubota U35 refers to the drive system responsible for transmitting power from the excavator’s hydraulic motors to the tracks, allowing the machine to move.
This component plays a crucial role in the excavator’s mobility. Here are some key details about the final drive in a Kubota U35:
Components of the Final Drive: The final drive assembly typically consists of several key components, including:
- Hydraulic Motor: The hydraulic motor is the primary component that receives hydraulic fluid from the excavator’s hydraulic system and converts it into mechanical power to drive the tracks.
- Planetary Gear Set: The hydraulic motor is often connected to a planetary gear set, which multiplies torque and redirects power to drive the tracks efficiently.
- Sprocket: The sprocket is mounted on the output shaft of the planetary gear set. It engages with the track links to propel the machine forward or backward.
- Seals and Bearings: The final drive assembly includes seals and bearings to ensure proper lubrication, prevent contaminants from entering, and maintain the integrity of the system.
Function of the Final Drive: The final drive is responsible for driving the tracks, which allows the Kubota U35 excavator to move in various directions, including forward, backward, and turning.
When hydraulic fluid is supplied to the hydraulic motor, it drives the planetary gear set and, in turn, the sprocket. The sprocket’s rotation drives the tracks, propelling the excavator.
Maintenance and Servicing: Proper maintenance of the final drive is essential to ensure the excavator’s longevity and performance. Regular maintenance tasks may include:
- Lubricating the final drive components.
- Checking and replacing seals and bearings when necessary.
- Inspecting the sprocket and track links for wear and damage.
- Ensuring the hydraulic motor is functioning correctly.
Repair or Replacement: In case of damage, excessive wear, or malfunction of the final drive, it may need to be repaired or replaced. This typically requires the expertise of trained service technicians.
A worn or damaged final drive can significantly affect the excavator’s performance and should be addressed promptly to avoid further issues.
As with any heavy machinery component, it’s essential to refer to the manufacturer’s service manual and guidelines for proper maintenance and servicing of the final drive on your Kubota U35 excavator.
Always follow recommended maintenance intervals and perform routine checks to ensure the final drive operates smoothly and efficiently.
Kubota U35 Thumb
A thumb attachment for a Kubota U35 excavator is a valuable accessory that allows the excavator to grasp and lift objects with precision.
This thumb attachment, also known as an excavator thumb, is especially useful when working with irregularly shaped or loose materials, such as rocks, logs, or debris.
Here are some key details about a thumb attachment for a Kubota U35 excavator:
Function and Features:
- Material Handling: The thumb attachment is designed to provide the excavator with the capability to pick up, hold, and move materials, making it a versatile tool for various applications.
- Precision: The thumb attachment allows for precise control and manipulation of objects, which is especially valuable in tasks like land clearing, forestry work, and construction.
- Improved Productivity: With the thumb attachment, the Kubota U35 excavator can handle materials more efficiently, reducing the need for manual labor and additional equipment.
- Versatility: A thumb attachment is compatible with a wide range of tasks, from picking up rocks and logs to handling pipe, timber, or debris.
Installation and Compatibility:
- Easy Installation: A thumb attachment can typically be installed and removed relatively easily, allowing you to switch between the thumb and other bucket attachments as needed.
- Compatibility: To ensure compatibility, it’s essential to choose a thumb attachment that matches the specifications and weight capacity of your specific Kubota U35 excavator model.
Types of Thumb Attachments:
- Mechanical Thumb: A mechanical thumb attachment is operated manually by the excavator operator. It’s equipped with a linkage and can be controlled using the machine’s hydraulics. The operator typically uses the excavator’s controls to open and close the thumb.
- Hydraulic Thumb: A hydraulic thumb attachment offers more precise control as it is operated using the excavator’s hydraulic system. This allows for smoother and more controlled movements, making it easier to handle objects.
- Land Clearing: A thumb attachment is used to clear land of debris, rocks, and vegetation, making it easier to prepare the ground for construction or landscaping.
- Forestry: In forestry applications, the thumb attachment is essential for handling logs and timber. It allows for the precise placement of logs in a pile or onto a trailer.
- Construction: Construction sites may use thumb attachments for tasks such as picking up and placing concrete blocks, pipes, or other materials.
- Demolition: During demolition, a thumb attachment can help with the removal of debris and the sorting of materials for disposal or recycling.
When considering a thumb attachment for your Kubota U35 excavator, it’s important to choose the type that best suits your specific needs and the tasks you regularly perform.
Always consult the manufacturer’s guidelines for proper installation and usage, and adhere to safety measures when operating the attachment.
Additionally, verify the compatibility of the thumb attachment with your U35 model to ensure optimal performance.
Kubota U35 Price
The price of a Kubota U35 excavator can vary depending on a number of factors, including the condition of the excavator, the year it was manufactured, and the dealer you purchase it from.
However, you can expect to pay between $30,000 and $40,000 for a used Kubota U35 excavator in good condition. New Kubota U35 excavators typically cost between $45,000 and $55,000.
Here are some current prices of the Kubota U35-4 excavator:
- Fastline: $32,500 to $58,263
- Kubota USA: Check with local dealer for pricing
- MachineryTrader: Not specified
- Equipment Trader: $42,848 to $65,999
- Boom & Bucket: $56,200 to rent for a day for $239
- MachineryZone: $59,900
It’s important to note that the prices may vary depending on the model year, location, and dealer. It’s always best to check with the manufacturer or dealer for the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information.
Here are some tips for finding a good deal on a Kubota U35 excavator:
- Shop around and compare prices from different dealers.
- Consider buying a used excavator, as they can be significantly cheaper than new excavators.
- Ask about the excavator’s service history and any warranty that may be available.
- Get a pre-purchase inspection done by a qualified mechanic before you buy the excavator.
Here are some additional costs that may be associated with purchasing a Kubota U35-4 excavator:
- Tax: The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the Kubota U35-4 excavator excludes tax
- Dealer fees: The MSRP of the Kubota U35-4 excavator also excludes dealer fees
- Optional equipment: The MSRP of the Kubota U35-4 excavator excludes optional equipment
- Maintenance costs: The estimated monthly maintenance costs for the Kubota U35-4 excavator are around $100, according to one of the search results
- Fuel costs: The estimated fuel cost per month for the Kubota U35-4 excavator is $200, and the hourly fuel cost estimation for the machine is $2.50, according to one of the search results.
It’s important to note that the additional costs may vary depending on the model year, location, and dealer. It’s always best to check with the manufacturer or dealer for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Here are some of the financing options available, subject to credit rating /approval (Oct 2023):
- Kubota Credit Corporation, U.S.A.: Financing is available through Kubota Credit Corporation, U.S.A., subject to credit approval. Some exceptions apply.
- 0% A.P.R. for up to 36 Months: Kubota Construction Equipment offers 0% A.P.R. for up to 36 months or save up to $5,000 on construction equipment.
- Tailored finance programs: Kubota dealers can tailor a variety of finance programs to meet specific needs, including Kubota leasing, competitive interest rates, flexible down payments, and multiple payment terms
- Special financing and customer rebates: Throughout the year, Kubota has a variety of special financing, customer rebates, and other offers available.
It’s important to note that the financing options may vary depending on the location and dealer. It’s always best to check with the manufacturer or dealer for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Kubota U35 Weight
The weight of the Kubota U35 excavator varies depending on the model year and configuration. Here are some weight specifications based on the search results:
- Operating weight: The operating weight of the Kubota U35-4 excavator is approximately 8,234 to 8,267 pounds (3,734.9 to 3,746.5 kilograms)
- Transport weight: The transport weight of the Kubota U35-4 excavator is approximately 3.69 to 4.05 tons (3,350 to 3,680 kilograms), depending on the model year and configuration.
It’s important to note that the weight specifications may vary depending on the model year, location, and dealer. It’s always best to check with the manufacturer or dealer for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Kubota U35 Service Manual
Service manuals for the Kubota U35 excavator typically include a range of sections that cover different aspects of the equipment’s servicing, maintenance, and repair.
These sections are organized to help users easily access the information they need.
While the specific sections may vary depending on the manual’s edition and manufacturer, here are common sections you can expect to find in a Kubota U35 service manual:
- Safety Precautions: This section outlines essential safety guidelines and precautions that operators and service personnel should follow to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Introduction: An overview of the equipment, its specifications, and an explanation of how to use the manual effectively.
- Maintenance Schedule: A maintenance schedule that outlines routine servicing intervals and tasks to keep the equipment in optimal condition.
- Specifications: Detailed specifications of the U35 model, including engine specifications, hydraulic system specifications, and other technical details.
- Operating Instructions: Information on operating the excavator, including controls, starting and stopping procedures, and basic operation guidelines.
- Maintenance Procedures: Detailed procedures for performing routine maintenance tasks, such as engine oil changes, filter replacements, and other regular servicing.
- Troubleshooting: This section provides guidance on diagnosing and troubleshooting common issues and problems that may arise during equipment operation.
- Electrical System: Information on the excavator’s electrical system, including wiring diagrams, electrical components, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Hydraulic System: Details on the hydraulic system, components, and maintenance procedures for the hydraulic system, including hydraulic circuit diagrams.
- Engine Service: Specific guidance on servicing and maintaining the engine, including disassembly and reassembly procedures.
- Transmission and Drive System: Information related to the transmission, drive system, and tracks, including maintenance, repair, and adjustment procedures.
- Steering and Brake System: Details on the steering and brake system, including maintenance and adjustment instructions.
- Attachments: Guidance on servicing and maintaining various attachments and accessories compatible with the Kubota U35.
- Special Tools: Information about special tools and equipment needed for certain maintenance and repair tasks.
- Wiring Diagrams: Detailed electrical and wiring diagrams for troubleshooting and repair of electrical issues.
- Parts Catalog: A catalog of parts and components, including part numbers, illustrations, and exploded views to assist in identifying and ordering replacement parts.
- Index and Table of Contents: An index and table of contents that provide an overview of the manual’s content and help users quickly locate the desired information.
Kubota U35 service manuals are typically proprietary documents created and distributed by Kubota or its authorized dealerships.
These manuals provide comprehensive information on servicing, maintaining, and repairing Kubota U35 excavators.
They include detailed instructions, specifications, diagrams, and troubleshooting guides, making them invaluable resources for equipment owners, operators, and service technicians.
To obtain a service manual for a Kubota U35 excavator, you can consider the following options:
- Kubota Dealership: Your first and best option is to contact your local Kubota dealership. They can often provide or order the official service manual specific to your U35 model. Kubota service manuals are typically available in print or digital formats.
- Kubota’s Official Website: Kubota may offer some resources or information online. Visit Kubota’s official website and check the “Service & Support” section for available service manuals or contact information for further assistance.
- Online Retailers: You might find service manuals for Kubota U35 excavators available for purchase through online retailers or auction websites. However, exercise caution when buying from third-party sources to ensure you are getting legitimate and complete manuals.
- Service Manual Subscription Services: Some online platforms offer subscription services that provide access to a wide range of service manuals, including those for various equipment models. This could be an option if you need access to manuals for multiple machines.
When acquiring a service manual, make sure it is the correct edition and version for your specific Kubota U35 model and year of manufacture, as there may be variations in different model years. It’s essential to follow safety and maintenance guidelines provided in the manual and use it as a valuable reference when servicing or repairing your equipment.
Kubota U35 Applications
The Kubota U35 is a versatile excavator that can be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Landscaping: The U35 is ideal for landscaping tasks such as digging trenches, planting trees, and removing stumps.
- Construction: The U35 can be used for a variety of construction tasks such as excavating foundations, backfilling trenches, and demolishing structures.
- Demolition: The U35 is powerful enough to handle light demolition work such as tearing down walls and removing concrete.
The Kubota U35 is a powerful and versatile excavator that delivers excellent performance in a variety of applications. The zero-tail swing design makes it easy to operate in tight spaces, while the powerful engine and large bucket capacity allow it to move a significant amount of material quickly and efficiently.
The U35 is also equipped with a number of features that make it easy to operate and maintain. These features include:
- Intuitive controls: The U35’s controls are easy to learn and use, even for operators with limited experience.
- Easy maintenance: The U35 is designed for easy maintenance, with easy access to all major components.
- Reliable Kubota engine: The Kubota D1105-E2BH13 diesel engine is known for its reliability and durability.
The Kubota U35-4 excavator is a reliable and efficient machine that can help you get the job done.
Whether you’re working on a small-scale construction project or a landscaping task, the U35-4 can handle it all. With its powerful hydraulic system, tight tail swing design, and spacious cab, the U35-4 provides a comfortable and productive experience for the operator.
The Heart of the Machine: The Engine
At the core of any excavator is its engine, and the Kubota U35 does not disappoint.
It is powered by a reliable Kubota 3-cylinder, 23.9-horsepower diesel engine that complies with the latest emission regulations, ensuring you not only get the job done but also do so in an environmentally friendly manner.
This engine provides the U35 with the power it needs to tackle demanding excavation tasks.
The U35’s hydraulic system is another key performance aspect that makes it a standout machine. It offers exceptional digging and lifting capabilities.
With a maximum digging depth of 10.5 feet and a maximum reach of 17.7 feet, the U35 can handle a wide variety of excavation tasks with ease.
The hydraulic system also includes a smooth and responsive control that allows operators to precisely manoeuver the machine, making it a preferred choice for those in the construction industry.
The Perfect Size: Compact Design
One of the U35’s strengths is its compact design. With a width of just under 5.5 feet, it can easily access tight spaces and navigate through confined construction sites.
This compact design makes it an excellent choice for urban construction projects, residential work, and landscaping. The U35 is known for its versatility, making it the go-to option for contractors who require a machine that can adapt to various working conditions.
Operator Comfort and Control
Operator comfort and control are critical aspects of any construction equipment, and the Kubota U35 excels in this regard. The spacious cab is designed with the operator in mind, featuring ergonomic controls, adjustable seating, and excellent visibility.
The controls are intuitive, allowing even less experienced operators to quickly adapt to the machine’s functions. The cabin is also equipped with heating and air conditioning, ensuring that operators can work comfortably in a wide range of weather conditions.
The U35’s digital panel provides real-time information about the machine’s performance, fuel levels, and maintenance needs, enabling operators to make informed decisions and maintain optimal efficiency.
The cabin is not only comfortable but also designed with safety in mind, featuring a Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) and a Falling Object Protective Structure (FOPS), which provide added protection for the operator.
Kubota U35-4 Attachments
The Kubota U35-4 is a versatile compact excavator that can be equipped with various attachments to expand its capabilities and suit a wide range of applications. Here are some common attachments and accessories that can be used with the Kubota U35-4:
- Bucket Attachments:
- Digging Bucket: Used for general excavation and digging tasks.
- Grading Bucket: Ideal for leveling and grading work.
- Trenching Bucket: Designed for digging narrow trenches.
- Hydraulic Breaker Attachment: Used for breaking through hard materials like concrete and rock. It’s commonly employed in demolition and construction projects.
- Auger Attachment: Equipped with an auger bit, this attachment is used for drilling holes in the ground. It’s valuable for applications such as foundation piers and fence post installation.
- Thumb Attachment: The thumb attachment allows the excavator to grip and lift objects with precision, making it useful for handling materials like logs, rocks, or debris.
- Grapple Attachment: This attachment is suitable for handling and transporting irregularly shaped objects, making it valuable in land clearing, forestry, and construction.
- Ripper Attachment: Ripper attachments are used for breaking up compacted soil or other materials. They’re often employed in land preparation and excavation.
- Vibratory Plate Compactor: A plate compactor attachment is used for compacting soil and other materials to create a solid base for construction projects like roads and foundations.
- Broom Attachment: Broom attachments are helpful for sweeping and cleaning tasks on construction sites or streets.
- Tree Shear Attachment: Tree shears are used in forestry and land clearing applications to cut down and remove trees efficiently.
- Quick Coupler: A quick coupler system allows for fast and easy attachment changes, improving the excavator’s versatility and productivity.
- Extension Arm: Extension arms can be added to reach greater depths or heights, extending the machine’s reach for specific tasks.
- Rock Bucket: Designed for handling larger rocks and heavy-duty materials, rock buckets are useful in quarry and mining applications.
- Rake Attachment: Rake attachments are suitable for land clearing and preparing the ground for landscaping.
- Ditching Bucket: Ditching buckets are configured to create ditches and trenches quickly and efficiently.
Please note that the availability of these attachments may vary depending on your region and the dealership you purchase from.
It’s important to consult with your local Kubota dealer to ensure compatibility and availability of specific attachments for your Kubota U35-4 model.
Additionally, always follow proper safety guidelines and operating instructions when using attachments with your excavator.
Kubota U35 Buckets
The Kubota U35-4 excavator can be equipped with various types of buckets designed for different tasks and applications. Here are some common types of buckets available for the Kubota U35-4:
- Digging Bucket: The standard digging bucket is the most commonly used attachment for general excavation and digging tasks. It has a typical toothed design and is available in various sizes to match the specific digging requirements of your job.
- Grading Bucket: Grading buckets are designed for leveling and grading work. They typically have a smooth edge without teeth, allowing for precision grading and shaping of surfaces.
- Trenching Bucket: Trenching buckets are narrower and deeper than standard digging buckets, making them ideal for digging narrow trenches, such as those needed for utilities, pipes, or cables.
- Ditching Bucket: Ditching buckets are designed with a V-shaped profile to efficiently create ditches and trenches. They are suitable for tasks that require shaping and excavation.
- Rock Bucket: Rock buckets have reinforced construction and are equipped with more robust teeth, making them suitable for handling larger rocks and other heavy-duty materials. They are commonly used in quarry and mining applications.
- Cleaning Bucket: Cleaning buckets are typically larger and have a wide mouth for handling loose materials like soil, gravel, or debris. They are efficient for loading and cleaning tasks.
- Wide Bucket: A wide bucket has a broader design, allowing for efficient material handling and loading. It’s suitable for tasks that involve moving large quantities of soil, sand, or other materials.
- Frost Bucket: Frost buckets are designed for working in freezing conditions. They have reinforced edges and are useful for tasks like breaking through frozen ground.
- Rock Thumb: A rock thumb attachment can be added to the bucket, allowing the excavator to grasp and lift objects with precision. It’s useful for handling materials like rocks or logs.
- Skeleton Bucket: Skeleton buckets have a grid-like design with gaps between the teeth, which is beneficial for separating and sifting materials, like rocks and debris, from soil or sand.
- Rake Bucket: Rake buckets are designed with a series of tines or fingers that help in raking and clearing debris, vegetation, and other materials. They are often used for land clearing and site preparation.
Keep in mind that the availability of these bucket types may vary depending on your region and the dealership you purchase from.
The choice of bucket will depend on the specific tasks you need to perform with your Kubota U35-4 excavator. Always ensure that the bucket you select is compatible with your machine and meets the safety and performance requirements for your project.
Kubota U35 Tracks
The Kubota U35-4 is a compact excavator that typically comes equipped with rubber tracks, which are suitable for various terrains and minimize ground disturbance. Here are some details about the tracks on the Kubota U35-4:
Track Width: The track width on the Kubota U35-4 can vary depending on the specific model and configuration. However, the common track width for this excavator falls within the range of approximately 12 inches (300 mm) to 16 inches (400 mm).
Number of Track Rollers: The Kubota U35-4 typically has four track rollers per side, providing stability and smooth operation. The track rollers help distribute the machine’s weight and ensure proper tracking.
Track Type: Rubber tracks are the standard option for the Kubota U35-4. Rubber tracks are versatile and suitable for various surfaces, including pavement, gravel, and soft ground. They are known for their low ground pressure, which helps minimize ground damage.
Track Tension: Kubota U35-4 excavators are equipped with an adjustable track tension system, allowing operators to maintain the correct tension in the tracks. Proper track tension ensures optimal performance and extends the life of the tracks.
Track Features: Kubota’s rubber tracks are designed for durability and traction. They are built to withstand the rigors of construction and excavation work while providing a stable and smooth ride. The rubber tracks also offer good grip and traction on a variety of surfaces.
Here are some of the advantages of rubber tracks:
- Less ground disturbance: Rubber tracks are less likely to damage the ground than steel tracks. This is because rubber tracks are designed to spread the weight of the excavator over a larger area.
- Smoother ride: Rubber tracks provide a smoother ride for the operator than steel tracks. This is because rubber tracks absorb more vibration.
- Quieter operation: Rubber tracks are quieter than steel tracks. This is because rubber tracks absorb more noise.
- Longer lifespan: Rubber tracks typically have a longer lifespan than steel tracks. This is because rubber tracks are less likely to wear out or rust.
The Kubota U35 excavator uses 300×52.5×84 rubber tracks. These tracks are designed to provide excellent performance and durability in a variety of applications.
Here are some tips for maintaining your Kubota U35 excavator tracks:
- Keep the tracks clean and free of debris to prevent damage to the rubber.
- Check the track tension regularly to ensure that it is within the manufacturer’s recommended range.
- Grease the track adjuster regularly to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Avoid sharp turns and sudden stops, which can cause excessive wear and tear on the tracks.
- Avoid operating the machine on surfaces that are too hard or abrasive, as this can cause premature wear and tear on the tracks.
- What is the price range for Kubota U35 tracks?- the price range for Kubota U35 tracks is approximately $1,075.98 to $1,150.02.
- How often should you replace the tracks on your Kubota U35 excavator? The general rule is that rubber tracks last between 1,200 and 1,600 operating hours, but this depends on the conditions of the ground that your heavy equipment operates on. If your heavy equipment is put to use on sharp or rocky terrain, you are more likely to rip your rubber tracks and decrease the amount of hours that they will last. Rips in the rubber, significantly decreased tread depth, or loose tracks (meaning poor track tension) are all indicators that it’s time to replace your rubber tracks.
- What is the average lifespan of Kubota U35 tracks? The lifespan of Kubota U35 tracks depends on several factors, including the surface conditions the track is operating in, the frequency of use, and the quality of the tracks. The lifespan of rubber tracks under normal operating conditions is usually estimated at 1 to 2 years. However, some high-quality tracks can last up to 4 years under general operating conditions.
- How do I know when it’s time to replace the tracks on my Kubota U35 excavator? There are several signs that indicate it’s time to replace the tracks on your Kubota U35 excavator, including:
- Rips or tears in the rubber.
- Significantly decreased tread depth.
- Loose tracks, meaning poor track tension.
- Uneven wear on the tracks.
- Excessive vibration or noise while operating the machine.
- Difficulty manoeuvring the machine.
- Reduced digging or lifting performance.
- Increased fuel consumption.
- Increased maintenance costs
Maintenance and Durability
Kubota is known for producing reliable and durable equipment, and the U35 is no exception. The machine is designed with easy maintenance in mind, ensuring that downtime is minimized. Routine maintenance tasks are straightforward, and access to key components is convenient.
To further enhance the machine’s durability and longevity, the U35 features high-quality materials and construction. The robust steel frame and well-built components are built to withstand the rigors of daily construction work. With proper maintenance, the U35 can provide years of dependable service, making it a sound investment for contractors and construction companies.
Kubota U35: Applications and Industries
The Kubota U35 excavator is highly adaptable and is widely used across various industries and applications:
- Construction: In the construction industry, the U35 excels at tasks like trenching, foundation digging, and site preparation. Its compact size is particularly valuable on urban construction sites with limited space.
- Landscaping: For landscaping professionals, the U35 is a go-to machine for tasks such as grading, excavation, and tree removal.
- Agriculture: In the agricultural sector, the U35 is used for tasks like trenching, irrigation system installation, and clearing land.
- Utilities: Utility companies use the U35 for digging trenches and holes for pipes and cables.
- Forestry: With the right attachments, the U35 can be used in forestry applications, such as clearing land, removing trees, and handling logs.
- Residential Construction: Homebuilders find the U35 invaluable for tasks like digging foundations, excavating swimming pools, and landscaping work on residential properties.
- Demolition: The hydraulic breaker attachment allows the U35 to be used in demolition projects to break concrete and remove debris.
- Roadwork: Road construction and repair projects often involve digging and excavation, making the U35 an asset to roadwork crews.
- What is the fuel efficiency of Kubota U35-4 excavator? According to research,
the Kubota U35-4 is engineered to deliver minimized fuel consumption. However, the exact fuel efficiency of the machine is not specified in the search results.
- What is the maximum digging depth of Kubota U35-4 excavator? The maximum digging depth of the Kubota U35-4 excavator is approximately 10 to 11 feet (3 to 3.4 meters), according to one of the search results
- What is the maximum lifting capacity of Kubota U35-4 excavator? The maximum lifting capacity of the Kubota U35-4 excavator is not specified in the search results. However, current research mentions that the U35-4 has a strong and quick lifting capacity, allowing it to handle a wide range of tasks.
- How does the fuel efficiency of Kubota U35-4 compare to other Kubota excavators? The search results do not provide a direct comparison of the fuel efficiency of the Kubota U35-4 to other Kubota excavators. However, current research mentions that all Kubota excavators are powered by Kubota Tier 4 emission engines, which are designed to maximize digging and lifting performance while minimizing noise and vibration. Additionally, all Kubota excavators have a two-speed drive that allows for efficient machine manoeuvrability and backfill operations.
In conclusion, the Kubota U35 excavator is a versatile, reliable, and efficient piece of construction equipment that has earned its place as a favorite among professionals in various industries.
With its compact design, powerful engine, comfortable cabin, and adaptability to a wide range of attachments, the U35 is well-equipped to tackle a multitude of tasks, from excavation to landscaping, construction, agriculture, and more.
The construction industry is a dynamic and demanding field where efficiency, reliability, and precision are of utmost importance.
In this context, the Kubota U27 Excavator stands as a testament to the evolution of construction equipment.
Combining power, versatility, and compactness, the U27 has proven to be a game-changer for operators and contractors alike.
The Kubota U17 excavator is part of Kubota’s renowned U-Series, and it perfectly exemplifies the concept of compact power. Measuring around 14 feet in length and just over 3 feet in width, the U17 is compact yet mighty.
With an operating weight of approximately 3,550 pounds, this compact excavator is incredibly easy to transport, fitting on a small trailer or in the bed of a truck. Its compact size enables it to navigate through tight spaces and tackle projects with restricted access.
Kubota U17 Main Features
All Kubota excavators, including the U17, are powered by Kubota Tier 4 emission engines. The modern engine design maximizes digging and lifting performance, delivers minimized noise and vibration, and meets the latest engine emission regulation
2. Two-Speed Drive
The U17 has a two-speed drive that allows for efficient machine manoeuvrability and backfill operations
The U17 is a zero-tail swing excavator, which means that the tail of the machine does not extend beyond the tracks. This makes it easier to operate in tight spaces and reduces the risk of damage to the machine or surrounding objects
The U17 features Kubota’s Intelligent Control System LCD panel, which accurately displays timely diagnostic readings and routine maintenance alerts. This helps reduce downtime and costly repair fees
The U17 features double-flanged track rollers and short-pitched rubber crawlers for improved undercarriage durability. The double-flanged track rollers help improve travel stability and performance, and the short-pitched rubber crawlers help minimize vibration during travel for improved operator comfort
The Kubota U17 Operator’s Manual contains safety, maintenance, and operations information
The U17 is a versatile machine that can be used for a variety of tasks, including digging, trenching, and landscaping. It comes with a dedicated bucket and quick coupler, and can be equipped with a range of attachments to suit different applications
The U17 delivers smooth performance, thanks to its improved pump capacity and extended dozer arm. These upgrades help operators get the job done more efficiently and more productively
The U17 is a compact excavator that can fit into tight spaces where larger machines cannot. Its small size makes it ideal for use in urban areas, residential properties, and other confined spaces
Kubota is known for producing reliable and durable machines, and the U17 is no exception. With proper maintenance and care, the U17 can provide years of trouble-free service.
- Responsive hydraulics: The U17’s hydraulic system provides smooth and responsive operation. This makes it easy to control the excavator and perform precise movements.
- Comfortable cabin: The U17’s cabin is spacious and comfortable, with a suspension seat that reduces vibration. This makes it possible to operate the excavator for long periods of time without fatigue.
- Safety features: The U17 is equipped with a number of safety features, including ROPS (Roll Over Protective Structure), TOPS (Tip Over Protective Structure), OPG (Operator Protective Guard) Level 1, and Kubota’s Anti-Theft System.
Kubota U17 Price
The price of the Kubota U17 excavator varies depending on the dealer, location, and condition of the machine. Here is some research that provide information on the price of the Kubota U17 excavator:
- MachineryTrader.com lists new and used Kubota U17 excavators for sale, but does not provide pricing information
- KubotaUSA.com suggests checking with a local dealer for the best offer on the U17 excavator
- EquipmentTrader.com lists used Kubota U17 excavators for sale, with prices ranging from $25,500 to $43,727
- Machinio.com lists used Kubota U17 excavators for sale, with prices ranging from $25,900 to $29,900
- TradeMachines.com lists used Kubota U17 excavators for sale, with an average price of $20,379 based on five offers
- HeartlandKubota.com lists a new 2022 Kubota U17 excavator for sale at a price of $34,500
In conclusion, the price of the Kubota U17 excavator varies depending on the dealer, location, and condition of the machine. It is recommended to check with a local dealer for the best offer on the U17 excavator.
Here are some examples of used Kubota U17 excavators that are currently for sale:
- 2019 Kubota U17-3A: £13,750 + VAT
- 2020 Kubota U17-3: £13,500 + VAT
- 2021 Kubota U17-3: £12,500 + VAT
Additional costs associated with purchasing a Kubota U17 Excavator
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the Kubota U17 excavator excludes tax, dealer fees, and optional equipment
- Sales tax: Depending on the state or country where the machine is purchased, sales tax may be added to the purchase price.
- Delivery fees: If the machine needs to be transported to a different location, delivery fees may apply.
- Financing fees: If the machine is financed, there may be fees associated with the loan.
- Insurance: It is recommended to insure the machine to protect against damage or theft.
- Maintenance and repair costs: Regular maintenance and repair costs should be factored into the overall cost of owning the machine.
It is important to consider these additional costs when budgeting for the purchase of a Kubota U17 excavator.
Kubota U17 Specs
key specifications for the Kubota U17 excavator:
The Kubota U17 offers a number of benefits to construction and landscaping professionals, including:
- Versatility: The U17 is a versatile excavator that can be used for a variety of tasks, including site preparation, excavation, trenching, backfilling, loading and unloading, and landscaping.
- Power and performance: The U17 is powered by a powerful engine and equipped with responsive hydraulics. This gives it the power and performance needed to tackle a variety of tasks, even in challenging conditions.
- Safety and comfort: The U17 is equipped with a number of safety features and a comfortable cabin. This makes it a safe and comfortable excavator to operate, even for long periods of time.
Kubota U17 Applications
The Kubota U17 is a zero-tail swing mini excavator that is known for its versatility, power, and performance. It is a popular choice for a variety of construction and landscaping applications, including:
- Site preparation
- Loading and unloading
The U17 is powered by a Kubota D902-E4 engine that delivers 16.1 horsepower and 101 foot-pounds of torque. This engine is paired with a hydraulic system that provides smooth and responsive operation.
The U17 has a maximum digging depth of 7 feet, 10 inches, and a maximum reach of 12 feet, 8 inches. This makes it ideal for a variety of tasks, such as digging trenches for footings and drainage, excavating for foundations, and loading and unloading materials.
The U17 is also equipped with a number of features that make it safe and comfortable to operate, including:
- A spacious cabin with a comfortable suspension seat
- ROPS (Roll Over Protective Structure) and TOPS (Tip Over Protective Structure)
- OPG (Operator Protective Guard) Level 1
- Kubota’s Anti-Theft System
Kubota U17 Attachments
The Kubota U17 excavator is a versatile machine that can accept a wide range of attachments to enhance its capabilities for various construction and excavation tasks. Common attachments that can be used with the Kubota U17 include:
- Buckets: Various bucket sizes are available for different excavation and material handling tasks, such as digging, grading, and trenching.
- Augers: Auger attachments are used for drilling holes in the ground, making them ideal for tasks like planting trees, setting posts, or installing fence posts.
- Breakers (Hydraulic Hammers): Hydraulic breakers or hammers can be attached to the U17 to break through concrete or rock, making it suitable for demolition and concrete removal.
- Grapples: Grapple attachments allow you to pick up and move materials such as logs, rocks, or debris with precision.
- Thumbs: A thumb attachment enhances the machine’s gripping capability, useful for handling and placing objects with precision.
- Rippers: Ripper attachments are designed for breaking up hard or compacted surfaces, making them ideal for site preparation.
- Trenchers: Trenching attachments are specialized for creating narrow, deep trenches and are commonly used in utility installation projects.
- Compactors: You can attach compactors to compact soil or gravel, ensuring a stable foundation for construction projects.
- Hydraulic Graders: Grader attachments can be used for precision grading and leveling tasks.
- Rakes: Rake attachments are useful for land clearing and debris removal.
The ability to use these attachments greatly enhances the versatility of the Kubota U17 excavator, making it suitable for a wide range of applications, from construction and landscaping to agriculture and utility work.
When selecting attachments, be sure to consider your specific project requirements and consult with your local Kubota dealer to ensure compatibility and proper installation.
Additionally, always follow safety guidelines and the manufacturer’s recommendations when using attachments with the Kubota U17 or any other heavy equipment.
Kubota U17 Bucket
The Kubota U17 excavator can be equipped with various types of buckets to accommodate different excavation and material handling tasks. The choice of bucket depends on the specific application and the type of material you need to handle. Common types of buckets that can be used with the Kubota U17 include:
- Digging Bucket: A standard digging bucket is the most commonly used attachment for excavators. It is designed for general excavation, trenching, and digging tasks. The size of the digging bucket can vary to match the machine’s capabilities and the depth and width of the trench or hole you need to excavate.
- Trenching Bucket: Trenching buckets are narrower than standard digging buckets, making them ideal for creating narrow trenches. They are commonly used in utility installation and landscaping projects.
- Grading Bucket: Grading buckets are typically wider and flatter, designed for grading and leveling tasks. They help ensure a smooth and even surface, making them useful for landscaping and roadwork.
- Ditching Bucket: Ditching buckets have a unique shape that makes them well-suited for creating drainage ditches and shaping slopes. They are commonly used in water management and agricultural applications.
- Rock Bucket: A rock bucket is designed with thicker, more durable materials to handle rocky and challenging terrains. It usually has reinforced tines or teeth to withstand the abrasive nature of rocks.
- Cleanout Bucket: Cleanout buckets have a larger capacity and are designed for moving loose materials, such as soil, sand, or gravel. They are useful for cleaning up job sites and moving materials quickly.
The size and type of bucket you choose for your Kubota U17 will depend on the specific requirements of your project.
Kubota and other manufacturers typically offer a range of bucket sizes and types to match the machine’s capabilities and your job site needs.
It’s essential to select the right bucket to maximize the efficiency and productivity of your excavator while minimizing unnecessary wear and tear on the machine.
Always consult with your local Kubota dealer or equipment supplier for guidance on choosing the appropriate bucket for your specific tasks.
Kubota U17 Thumb
The Kubota U17 excavator can be equipped with a hydraulic pin-on excavator thumb, which is sold separately. Here are some search results that provide information on the Kubota U17 excavator thumb:
- Showtimefab.com offers a turn-key thumb kit that fits Kubota KX018, KX41, KX61, U15, U17, U20, and U25 mini-excavators using the Kubota factory quick attach system. The kit includes two tine 13″ wide hydraulic excavator thumb constructed from all USA made steel, two 0.75″ AR400 steel tines, welded USA made hydraulic cylinder to fit the factory mount on your dipper stick, heat-treated 4142 hardened steel pins, and protected grease fittings on all pivot points
- Oxthumbs.com offers a complete thumb kit that fits Kubota KX018-KX41-KX61-U15-U17-U20-U25 mini excavators using the Kubota factory quick attach system. The kit includes Gates hoses to connect to the factory hardlines, and all components are fabricated in Georgia with steel made in the USA
- Miniexcavatorthumbs.com offers Kubota thumb attachments that are built to fit a variety of Kubota equipment, including the Kubota U17 excavator. The thumb attachment features 7″ universal width, 1/2″ thick USA steel, hardened steel pins, hydraulic or mechanical adjustment, teeth the entire length, and 2 fingers for secure grip
- Everythingattachments.com offers the Amulet POWERBRUTE Hydraulic Excavator Thumb for 1-3 Ton Excavators, which is compatible with the Kubota U17 excavator. The thumb measures 7″W x 20″L for optimal grabbing and holding
Features of Kubota U17 Excavator Thumb:
- The Kubota U17 excavator thumb is a hydraulic pin-on excavator thumb that is sold separately.
- The thumb attachment features two tines that are constructed from all USA made steel.
- The thumb attachment includes a hydraulic cylinder that fits the factory mount on the dipper stick.
- The thumb attachment has heat-treated 4142 hardened steel pins and protected grease fittings on all pivot points.
- The thumb attachment has teeth the entire length and two fingers for a secure grip.
How to Install Kubota U17 Excavator Thumb:
- The installation process for the Kubota U17 excavator thumb may vary depending on the type of thumb attachment being used.
- It is recommended to consult the manufacturer’s instructions or seek the assistance of a qualified technician to ensure proper installation.
Benefits of Using Kubota U17 Excavator Thumb:
- The Kubota U17 excavator thumb attachment allows for greater versatility and efficiency in excavating and material handling tasks.
- The thumb attachment provides a secure grip on materials, allowing for easier and more precise placement.
- The thumb attachment can help reduce the need for additional equipment or manual labor, saving time and money.
- The Kubota U17 excavator thumb attachment is made from high-quality materials and is designed to withstand heavy use, providing long-lasting durability.
Different Types of Hydraulic Thumbs Available for Kubota U17 Excavator:
- Hydraulic pin-on excavator thumb with hoses, which fits Kubota KX018, KX41, KX61, U15, U17, U20, and U25 mini-excavators using the Kubota factory quick attach system
- Turn-key thumb kit that fits Kubota KX018, KX41, KX61, U15, U17, U20, and U25 mini-excavators using the Kubota factory quick attach system. The kit includes two tine 13″ wide hydraulic excavator thumb constructed from all USA made steel, two 0.75″ AR400 steel tines, welded USA made hydraulic cylinder to fit the factory mount on your dipper stick, heat-treated 4142 hardened steel pins, and protected grease fittings on all pivot points
- Kubota thumb attachments that are built to fit a variety of Kubota equipment, including the Kubota U17 excavator. The thumb attachment features 7″ universal width, 1/2″ thick USA steel, hardened steel pins, hydraulic or mechanical adjustment, teeth the entire length, and 2 fingers for secure grip
- Amulet POWERBRUTE Hydraulic Excavator Thumb for 1-3 Ton Excavators, which is compatible with the Kubota U17 excavator. The thumb measures 7″W x 20″L for optimal grabbing and holding
How to Maintain the Kubota U17 Excavator Thumb:
- Regular maintenance is important to ensure the longevity and proper functioning of the Kubota U17 excavator thumb.
- It is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for maintenance and care of the thumb attachment.
- Regularly inspect the thumb attachment for any signs of wear or damage, and replace any worn or damaged parts as needed.
- Keep the thumb attachment clean and free of debris to prevent damage or malfunction.
Safety Precautions to Keep in Mind While Using Kubota U17 Excavator Thumb:
- Always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the thumb attachment.
- Ensure that the hydraulic pressure is set correctly for the task at hand.
- Use caution when operating the thumb attachment, and be aware of the weight and size of the materials being handled.
- Never exceed the weight capacity of the thumb attachment.
- Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and safety glasses, when operating the thumb attachment.
- Keep bystanders and other workers clear of the work area to prevent accidents or injuries.
How to troubleshoot common issues with Kubota U17 Excavator thumb
- Verify power: If the hydraulic thumb has stopped working, verify that power is going to the control valve solenoid for the thumb circuit when engaged. Look for any damaged wiring going to the control valve
- Check pressure: Put a gauge on both thumb lines and clamp down on something. Let the thumb valve go to neutral and then see a pressure rise on the rod end. The rod end of the cylinder will only build pressure if force is applied in some manner to pull the thumb cylinder out which should be near
- Check wiring: Look for any damaged wiring going to the control valve solenoid for the thumb circuit. If there is any damage, repair or replace the wiring as needed
- Check for leaks: Inspect the thumb attachment for any signs of leaks, such as hydraulic fluid on the ground or around the attachment. If there is a leak, repair or replace the affected parts as needed.
- Check for damage: Inspect the thumb attachment for any signs of wear or damage, such as bent or broken tines. If there is any damage, repair or replace the affected parts as needed.
Kubota U17 Lifting Capacity
The lifting capacity of the Kubota U17 excavator can vary depending on factors such as the configuration, boom length, attachments, and the specific model.
Generally, the maximum lifting capacity for a Kubota U17 compact excavator ranges from approximately 1,200 to 1,400 pounds (544 to 635 kilograms) when using a standard digging bucket.
However, it’s crucial to note that the lifting capacity can change based on factors like the boom’s angle and the reach.
Additionally, the use of different attachments may alter the machine’s lifting capacity.
To obtain precise information on the lifting capacity of a specific Kubota U17 model or configuration, it is advisable to consult the operator’s manual or contact your local Kubota dealer.
They can provide detailed specifications and guidelines for safe and efficient operation, taking into consideration any attachments or specific use cases.
Always adhere to the recommended safety guidelines and load capacities to ensure the safety of both the operator and the equipment.
Applications of the Kubota U17 Excavator
The Kubota U17 excavator’s versatility and compact size make it an excellent choice for various construction applications:
- Urban Construction: The U17 is a valuable asset for working in tight urban spaces, where larger machines might be impractical. It can easily access construction sites between buildings and on narrow streets.
- Landscaping: For tasks like digging trenches for irrigation systems, grading, and planting trees or shrubs in small gardens, the U17 is an ideal choice.
- Utilities Installation: It is widely used for installing utilities like water and sewer lines, as well as electrical conduits, thanks to its ability to dig precise and deep trenches.
- Demolition: Equipped with a breaker attachment, the U17 can efficiently demolish concrete structures and remove debris from job sites.
- Agriculture: In agriculture, the U17 is employed for tasks like digging post holes and clearing land.
- Roadwork: This excavator is essential for various road construction and maintenance activities, including ditching and culvert installation.
Kubota U17 Overall
Engine and Performance
Under the hood, the Kubota U17 is equipped with a reliable and fuel-efficient diesel engine that typically delivers around 17.2 horsepower. This may seem modest compared to larger excavators, but it is perfectly matched to the U17’s intended applications. The engine’s high torque allows it to handle various tasks, from trenching to light demolition. The hydraulic system is designed for precision and speed, ensuring efficient and economical operation.
Attachments for Versatility
One of the standout features of the Kubota U17 excavator is its compatibility with a wide range of attachments. Whether you are digging, grading, trenching, or breaking concrete, this compact excavator can be tailored to your specific needs. Common attachments include buckets, augers, hydraulic breakers, thumbs, and more. The quick coupler system facilitates rapid and effortless attachment changes, saving time and labor costs.
Operator Comfort and Control
Despite its small size, the Kubota U17 offers an operator-friendly environment. The operator’s station is designed with comfort in mind, featuring an adjustable seat, intuitive joystick controls, and a spacious cabin. The cabin can be equipped with heating and air conditioning options, ensuring operators can work effectively in all weather conditions. The controls are easy to master, making this machine suitable for operators of varying experience levels.
The U17 boasts exceptional manoeuvrability, thanks to its compact dimensions and zero-tail-swing design. This design allows the machine to rotate 360 degrees within its footprint, making it ideal for working in confined spaces. Its ability to navigate urban construction environments, where space is at a premium and obstacles are abundant, is a significant advantage.
Precision and Power
The Kubota U17 offers outstanding precision and control, crucial for working in tight quarters. The hydraulic system allows operators to delicately manipulate the bucket or attachment, making it suitable for fine grading and excavation tasks. With a digging depth of up to 7.7 feet and a reach of 13.5 feet, it can handle a variety of excavation and construction assignments with ease.
Safety is paramount in all Kubota construction equipment, and the U17 is no exception. The compact excavator features safety elements such as a travel alarm, a two-speed travel function, and a certified cabin that offers rollover protection and protection against falling debris. These safety features not only provide peace of mind for operators but also create a secure working environment.
Maintenance and Durability
Kubota is known for manufacturing reliable and durable machinery, and the U17 is no exception. Routine maintenance is straightforward, and Kubota offers excellent customer support and a network of service centers. This ensures that your investment will remain productive for years to come.
The Kubota U17 Excavator, with its compact size, powerful engine, compatibility with a wide range of attachments, and superior manoeuvrability, is a versatile powerhouse in the construction industry.
It excels in tight spaces and can be tailored to tackle a variety of tasks. Whether you are working in urban construction, landscaping, utilities installation, or any other industry, the Kubota U17 is a dependable and efficient choice.
With Kubota’s commitment to durability and safety, the U17 is a valuable addition to any construction fleet, demonstrating that big performance can come in a compact package.
The Kubota U10 Excavator, sometimes referred to as the Kubota K008, is a compact excavator with dimensions that might surprise you. Measuring just 9 feet long and 3 feet wide, this diminutive machine is deceptively powerful.
With an operating weight of around 2,200 pounds, it’s easy to transport, even on a small trailer or in the bed of a pickup truck.
Kubota KX91 Excavator
The Kubota KX91 Excavator is a compact and powerful machine designed to handle tough excavating jobs. Here is everything you need to know about this excavator:
The Kubota KX91 is powered by a 40.5-horsepower Kubota V3307 engine that meets Tier 4 Final emissions standards. The engine is turbocharged and intercooled, providing plenty of power and torque for even the most demanding jobs.
The Kubota KX71 Excavator is a compact and powerful machine designed to handle tough excavating jobs. Here is everything you need to know about this excavator:
Kubota is renowned for producing reliable, high-quality equipment, and one of their standout offerings in the construction industry is the Kubota KX121 Excavator.
This versatile workhorse has earned a reputation for its exceptional performance, durability, and user-friendly design.
Kubota KX080 Excavator
The Kubota KX080 Excavator, part of Kubota’s KX series, is a mid-sized excavator that stands out for its combination of power, precision, and efficiency.
This formidable machine has garnered praise from construction professionals worldwide and has become a staple in the industry.