Kubota KX121 Excavator : Prices, Specs, Buyers Guide
Kubota is renowned for producing reliable, high-quality equipment, and one of their standout offerings in the construction industry is the Kubota KX121 Excavator.
This versatile workhorse has earned a reputation for its exceptional performance, durability, and user-friendly design.
Kubota KX121 Features
The Kubota KX121 is powered by a 40.5-horsepower Kubota V3307 engine that meets Stage V emissions standards. The engine is turbocharged and intercooled, providing plenty of power and torque for even the most demanding jobs.
The KX121 has a maximum digging depth of 11 feet 6 inches and a maximum reach of 13 feet 2 inches. The bucket force is 14,660 pounds, and the arm force is 8,554 pounds. These impressive digging forces allow the KX121 to power through tough soil and rock.
- Controls: The controls are very smooth and feel like any large excavator
The aux hydraulic switch is located on the joystick, making it easy to operate
- Enclosed Cab: The KX121 comes with an enclosed cab, which provides protection from the elements and reduces noise levels
- Angling Push Blade: The angling push blade is a useful feature that allows the operator to move material to the side without having to reposition the machine
- Plumbed for Thumb: The KX121 is plumbed for a thumb, which is a useful attachment for picking up and moving objects
- Quality Engineering: The KX121 is a product of Kubota’s quality engineering and manufacturing, and is made of fine materials under a rigid quality control system
- Smooth Operation: Users have reported that the controls on the KX121 are very smooth and easy to operate
- Reliability: The KX121 is a reliable machine that is built to last
- Easy to Start: The KX121 is easy to start and has no issues with starting even after extended periods of non-use
- Versatile: The KX121 is a versatile machine that can be used for a variety of tasks, including digging, grading, and demolition
- A load-sensing hydraulic system that provides smooth and precise control
- A two-speed travel system for efficient operation on and off the job site
- A convenient two-pattern selection system that allows operators to switch between ISO and SAE controls
Kubota KX131 Applications
The Kubota KX121 is a versatile excavator that can be used for a wide range of construction applications. Some of the most common applications include:
- Site preparation
- Utility work
- Road construction
Kubota KX131 Specs
- Engine Power and Performance: The Kubota KX121 boasts a robust and fuel-efficient 47.6-horsepower direct-injection diesel engine. This power plant provides the excavator with the muscle it needs to tackle a wide range of excavation and construction tasks efficiently. Whether it’s digging trenches, lifting heavy loads, or breaking through tough terrain, the KX121 can handle it with ease.
- Durable Design: Kubota is known for its high-quality manufacturing, and the KX121 is no exception. Its solid construction, reinforced boom, and durable undercarriage are built to withstand the rigors of heavy-duty construction work. This excavator is engineered to last, ensuring that your investment continues to pay off over the long term.
- Compact Size: One of the standout features of the KX121 is its compact size. It’s small enough to work effectively in tight spaces, making it an excellent choice for urban construction sites and other environments with limited manoeuvring space. This compact design doesn’t compromise on performance; instead, it enhances the machine’s versatility.
- Easy Transport: Transporting heavy machinery can be a headache, but the KX121 simplifies the process. Its compact size means it can be loaded onto a standard trailer, eliminating the need for expensive transport solutions. This ease of transport makes it accessible to a wide range of construction projects, even those in remote locations.
- Hydraulic Power: The KX121’s hydraulic system is a marvel of engineering. It provides smooth and precise control, allowing operators to perform intricate tasks with ease. This excavator can be equipped with various attachments, such as buckets, hammers, and thumbs, expanding its capabilities to handle diverse construction and excavation needs.
- Comfortable Operator Cabin: Kubota places a strong emphasis on operator comfort and safety. The KX121 features a spacious and ergonomic operator cabin, complete with a comfortable suspension seat, adjustable controls, and excellent visibility. The climate-controlled cabin ensures that operators can work efficiently in all weather conditions.
- Ease of Maintenance: Kubota understands that construction equipment needs regular maintenance to stay in peak condition. The KX121 is designed with this in mind, featuring easy access to key components for routine servicing. This design not only reduces downtime but also minimizes maintenance costs.
- Advanced Technology: The KX121 is not just a robust machine; it’s also equipped with advanced technology. Its modern engine management system optimizes fuel consumption, reducing operating costs. Additionally, its LCD display provides operators with real-time information on the machine’s status, helping them make informed decisions during operation.
- Fuel efficiency: The Kubota V3307 engine is designed to minimize fuel consumption, which can save operators money in the long run.
- Reliability: The Kubota KX121 is built to last. It is constructed with high-quality materials and components, and it is backed by a strong warranty.
- Operator comfort: The KX121 features a spacious and comfortable cab with excellent visibility. This helps to reduce operator fatigue and improve productivity.
Specs in more detail
- Engine: Kubota V2203-M Diesel
- Horsepower: 42
- Displacement: 134.1 cu. In.
- Overall Length: 16′ 9″
- Overall Height: 8′ 2″ w/ canopy – 8′ 3″ w/ cab
- Max Cutting Height: 17.8 ft (5 m)
- Max Digging Depth: 11.5 ft (3 m)
- Max Loading Height: 12.8 ft (4 m)
- Max Reach Along Ground: 18 ft (5 m)
- Max Vertical Wall Digging Depth: 8.2 ft (2 m)
- Shipping Height of Unit: 8.2 ft (2 m)
- Shipping Length of Unit: 16.7 ft (5 m)
- Ground Clearance: 1.1 ft (0 m)
- Width to Outside of Tracks: 5.6 ft (2 m)
- Displacement: 134.1 cu in (0 m)
- Engine Model: V2203-M
- Net Power: 42 hp (31 kw)
- Power Measured @: 2250 rpm
- Fuel Capacity: 16.9 gal (61 l)
- Hydraulic Pump Flow Capacity: 25 gal/min (95 l/min)
- Hydraulic System Fluid Capacity: 17.7 gal (64 l)
- Operating Weight: 9063 lbs (4,111 kg)
- Swing Speed: 9.4 rpm
- Ground Pressure: 4.5 psi
- Max Travel Speed: 3.1 mph (5 kph)
Kubota KX121-3 Parts
The Kubota KX121-3 excavator, like most heavy machinery, consists of various essential components and parts that work together to perform excavation and construction tasks efficiently. Here are the main parts and components of a typical Kubota KX121-3 excavator:
- Engine: The engine is the heart of the excavator. In the case of the KX121-3, it features a Kubota V2403-M-DI-E3B engine, which provides the power necessary to operate the machine.
- Hydraulic System: The hydraulic system is a critical part of an excavator, responsible for powering the various movements and functions. This includes the boom, arm, bucket, and other attachments. The hydraulic system consists of hydraulic pumps, cylinders, hoses, and valves.
- Undercarriage: The undercarriage is the lower part of the excavator, and it typically includes components such as tracks (with track pads or rubber tracks), sprockets, idlers, and rollers. These components allow the excavator to move and provide stability.
- Operator Cabin: The operator cabin is where the operator sits and controls the machine. It features an ergonomic design for comfort and visibility and includes controls for the excavator’s movements.
- Boom: The boom is the arm of the excavator that extends from the machine. It can be raised and lowered to reach various heights and depths.
- Arm (Stick): The arm, also known as the stick, is attached to the end of the boom and allows for additional reach. It’s a critical component for digging and lifting operations.
- Bucket: The bucket is the attachment used for digging, scooping, and lifting materials. There are various types of buckets available, including standard digging buckets, grading buckets, and more, depending on the specific task at hand.
- Tracks or Wheels: Kubota KX121-3 excavators typically come with tracks, which provide stability, traction, and maneuverability on a variety of terrains. Some variations of the KX121 series may have wheels.
- Counterweight: The counterweight is positioned at the rear of the excavator to balance the weight of the heavy attachments and materials in the bucket.
- Control Levers and Pedals: These are located in the operator’s cabin and allow the operator to control the excavator’s movements, including the rotation, tilting, and extension of the boom, as well as the bucket operation.
- Auxiliary Hydraulics: Many excavators, including the KX121-3, are equipped with auxiliary hydraulic connections to accommodate various attachments like hydraulic thumbs, breakers, and grapples.
- Cooling System: This includes the radiator and fan, which are essential for maintaining the engine’s operating temperature.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank stores the diesel fuel needed to power the engine.
- Electrical System: The electrical system includes components like the battery, alternator, starter motor, and the electrical wiring used for lights, gauges, and other electrical functions.
- Exhaust System: This system includes the exhaust manifold, muffler, and exhaust pipe, which manage the exhaust gases produced by the engine.
- Safety Features: Safety features may include ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure) to protect the operator, as well as various warning lights, alarms, and other safety mechanisms.
These are the main components of a Kubota KX121-3 excavator. It’s important to note that specific configurations and optional attachments can affect the components present on a particular machine.
When maintaining or repairing your KX121-3, consult the parts manual and, if needed, seek assistance from a Kubota dealership or authorized service center to ensure proper care and operation of your excavator.
Kubota KX121-3 Parts Manual and Parts Diagram
Finding replacement parts for your Kubota KX121-3 excavator is crucial to keeping your machine in good working condition. Kubota offers a range of genuine parts and accessories, and you can typically source these parts through Kubota dealerships, authorized parts suppliers, or directly from the manufacturer. Here’s how you can find parts for your Kubota KX121-3:
- Kubota Dealerships: Kubota dealerships are often the best place to find genuine Kubota parts. They have access to the manufacturer’s complete parts catalog and can help you identify the exact part you need for your KX121-3 excavator.
- Kubota’s Official Website: You can visit Kubota’s official website and use their online parts lookup tool. This tool allows you to search for specific parts by entering your excavator’s model (KX121-3) and serial number. It will provide you with a list of compatible parts along with part numbers.
- Online Parts Retailers: Some online retailers specialize in selling heavy equipment parts, including Kubota parts. You can search for these retailers, provide them with your excavator’s details, and find the required parts. However, it’s essential to ensure that you are purchasing genuine Kubota parts to guarantee quality and compatibility.
- Local Heavy Equipment Parts Suppliers: Some local parts suppliers or heavy equipment repair shops may carry or can order Kubota parts. You can contact these businesses and inquire about the availability of the specific parts you need.
- Kubota Parts Manuals: Kubota provides parts manuals for their equipment. These manuals include detailed parts diagrams and part numbers for all components of the KX121-3 excavator. You can often find these manuals online, or your local Kubota dealership may have them available.
When searching for parts, make sure to have your excavator’s model and serial number ready. This information is essential to ensure that you get the right parts for your specific machine.
Additionally, always prioritize using genuine Kubota parts to maintain the performance and integrity of your Kubota KX121-3 excavator. Genuine parts are designed to fit and function correctly, providing reliability and longevity to your machine.
Kubota KX121-3 Final Drive and Final Drive Motor
The final drive motor, also known as the travel motor, is a critical component of a compact excavator like the Kubota KX121-3.
It is responsible for driving the tracks and moving the machine. If you’re experiencing issues with the final drive motor on your Kubota KX121-3, it may require inspection, maintenance, or replacement. Here are some steps to guide you:
- Safety First: Always prioritize safety when working with heavy machinery. Ensure that the machine is turned off, the engine is stopped, and the key is removed. Use appropriate safety gear, and take precautions to prevent accidents.
- Diagnose the Problem: Before taking any action, identify the symptoms and problems related to the final drive motor. These might include issues with track movement, unusual noises, or a decrease in performance. Understanding the problem will help you decide whether maintenance or replacement is necessary.
- Inspect for Damage: Examine the final drive motor and surrounding components for any visible damage, such as leaks, cracks, or broken parts. Pay attention to any unusual wear on the tracks, sprockets, or other related parts.
- Check Fluid Levels: Some final drive motors are oil-filled, so check the oil levels to ensure they are at the proper level. If the oil is low or contaminated, it can cause issues with the motor’s operation.
- Maintenance or Replacement: Depending on the extent of the problem, you may need to perform maintenance on the final drive motor or replace it. Maintenance can include cleaning, greasing, and replacing seals and gaskets, but the specifics will depend on your findings and the recommendations in the operator’s manual.
- Replacement (if necessary): If the final drive motor is severely damaged and maintenance won’t suffice, you will need to replace it. Replacing a final drive motor is a complex task and often requires the services of a qualified technician or mechanic. It involves removing the old motor, installing the new one, and ensuring all connections are secure.
- Test and Inspect: After any maintenance or replacement work, you should thoroughly test the machine to ensure that the final drive motor is functioning correctly. Check for any leaks, unusual noises, or issues with track movement.
- Regular Maintenance: To prevent future issues, ensure you follow the recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the operator’s manual. This will help extend the life of your final drive motor and keep your Kubota KX121-3 in good working condition.
It’s important to note that the final drive motor is a complex and critical component of an excavator, and any significant repairs or replacements should be handled by trained professionals or technicians who have experience with heavy machinery like the Kubota KX121-3.
They will have the expertise and tools required to properly diagnose, maintain, or replace the final drive motor.
The final drive on a Kubota KX121-3 excavator is a component that transmits power from the engine to the tracks. It is located at the end of each track and consists of a gear set, a housing, and a bearing assembly.
The final drive is a critical component of the excavator, and it is important to keep it in good condition. If the final drive fails, the excavator will not be able to move.
Here are some tips for keeping the final drive on your Kubota KX121-3 excavator in good condition:
- Check the final drive oil level regularly and add oil as needed.
- Change the final drive oil according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Inspect the final drive for signs of wear and tear regularly.
- Replace any damaged final drive components immediately.
- Avoid overloading the excavator.
- Operate the excavator carefully and avoid accidents.
If you notice any problems with the final drive on your Kubota KX121-3 excavator, such as leaks, noise, or vibration, take the machine to a qualified Kubota dealer for diagnosis and repair.
Here are some of the most common problems that can occur with the final drive on a Kubota KX121-3 excavator:
- Leaks: Oil leaks can occur from the final drive housing or the seals. Leaks can cause the final drive to overheat and fail.
- Noise: Excessive noise from the final drive can indicate a problem with the gears or bearings.
- Vibration: Excessive vibration from the final drive can indicate a problem with the gears, bearings, or alignment.
- Texas Final Drive: Texas Final Drive offers a brand new Kubota KX121-3 hydraulic final drive motor with a two-year, unlimited-hour warranty. They provide free shipping within the Continental U.S. and offer the best price and highest quality on the market.
- Final Drive Motors: Final Drive Motors provides a high-quality replacement Kubota KX121-3 final drive with travel motor that has a two-speed function. They can bypass it for single speed if needed.
- Amazon: Amazon offers a final drive motor RD118-61290 for Kubota KX121-3, KX121-3S, KX121-3SS, and KX121-3ST. The product is in stock and usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Track Motor: Track Motor offers a brand new hybrid track motor for the Kubota KX121-3 and KX121-3 Alpha models
The final drive is a complete track unit that includes the final drive and tracks together.
- Final Drive Parts: Final Drive Parts offers a brand new Kubota KX121-3 hydraulic final drive motor with a two-year, unlimited-hour warranty. They ship worldwide and offer the best price and highest quality on the market.
Kubota KX121-3 price
- The price for a new Kubota KX121-3 excavator typically ranged from $60,000 to $80,000 or more, depending on the specific model and any additional features or attachments.
Used Kubota KX121-3 Excavator Price:
- Used Kubota KX121-3 excavators can be found at a wide range of price points depending on factors such as age, condition, hours of operation, and included attachments. As a rough estimate, you might find used KX121-3 excavators ranging from $20,000 to $50,000 or more.
Kubota KX121-3 Quick Coupler
The Kubota KX121-3 is a compact excavator that is often used in construction and landscaping applications. A quick coupler, also known as a quick hitch or quick attach, is an attachment that allows you to quickly and easily change between different attachments on the excavator without needing to use tools or spend a lot of time on the task.
To use a quick coupler with the Kubota KX121-3 or a similar excavator model, you would typically follow these steps:
- Ensure Safety: Before doing anything, make sure the excavator is turned off, the engine is stopped, and the hydraulic systems are depressurized. Safety is a top priority when working with heavy machinery.
- Select the Attachment: Choose the attachment (bucket, auger, etc.) that you want to connect to the excavator.
- Align the Attachment: Position the attachment in front of the quick coupler on the end of the excavator’s arm. Ensure that the attachment’s pins or lugs line up with the quick coupler’s locking mechanism.
- Engage the Quick Coupler: Most quick couplers have a lever or switch that can be operated to engage the locking mechanism. Once the pins or lugs are properly aligned, activate the quick coupler to securely lock the attachment in place.
- Check the Locking: Double-check to ensure that the attachment is securely locked in place. Try gently moving the attachment to make sure it doesn’t come loose.
- Operate the Excavator: Once you’re confident that the attachment is securely connected, you can start the excavator and use it with the attached tool.
- Disconnecting the Attachment: When you need to change attachments, follow a similar process in reverse order. Make sure the hydraulic system is depressurized, release the quick coupler’s locking mechanism, and carefully remove the attachment.
Kubota KX121-3 Fuel Filter
The Kubota KX121-3 is a compact excavator, and like any diesel engine-powered machinery, it has a fuel filter that helps keep the fuel clean and free of contaminants. The fuel filter is a crucial component for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the engine. Here are some general steps to replace the fuel filter on a Kubota KX121-3:
- Gather the Necessary Tools and Parts: Before you begin, make sure you have the appropriate tools and the new fuel filter. You’ll typically need a wrench or socket set, a container to catch spilled fuel, safety glasses, and gloves.
- Safety Precautions: Ensure that the machine is turned off, the engine is stopped, and the key is removed. Safety is a top priority when working with the fuel system.
- Locate the Fuel Filter: The fuel filter on the Kubota KX121-3 is typically located on or near the engine. It may be connected in-line with the fuel supply system.
- Release Pressure: Before you remove the old filter, you may need to release the pressure in the fuel system. Consult your operator’s manual for specific instructions on this step.
- Remove the Old Fuel Filter: Use the appropriate wrench or socket to carefully remove the old fuel filter. Be prepared for some fuel spillage, so have a container to catch the fuel.
- Prepare the New Fuel Filter: Before installing the new filter, make sure it is the correct replacement part for your Kubota KX121-3. Also, ensure that the gaskets or seals on the new filter are in good condition.
- Install the New Fuel Filter: Carefully screw the new fuel filter into place, ensuring that it is snug but not over-tightened. Refer to your operator’s manual for the recommended torque specifications.
- Prime the Fuel System: After replacing the fuel filter, you will need to prime the fuel system to remove any air. Follow the specific priming instructions in your operator’s manual.
- Check for Leaks: Turn on the machine and carefully inspect the new fuel filter for any leaks. If you notice any leaks, shut off the engine and address them immediately.
- Dispose of Old Filter and Fuel: Properly dispose of the old fuel filter and any spilled fuel in accordance with local environmental regulations.
Kubota KX121-3 Control Panel
The control panel in the Kubota KX121-3 excavator’s operator cabin is the central interface that allows the operator to control and monitor various aspects of the machine’s operation.
It provides access to key functions and information necessary for safe and efficient operation.
The specific layout and features of the control panel may vary slightly depending on the model year and configuration, but I can provide an overview of the typical components you might find on the control panel:
- Ignition Key: The ignition key is used to start and stop the engine.
- Hour Meter: This digital or analog display indicates the total number of operating hours on the excavator. It helps with maintenance and servicing schedules.
- Engine Monitoring Gauges: These gauges display vital information about the engine, including engine temperature, engine oil pressure, and fuel level. Monitoring these parameters is essential for safe operation.
- Throttle Control: The throttle control is used to adjust the engine’s RPM (Revolutions Per Minute), which, in turn, controls the power and speed of the excavator.
- Hydraulic Control Levers: These levers allow the operator to control the movement of the boom, arm, bucket, and attachments. They include levers for raising/lowering the boom, extending/retracting the arm, and curling/uncurling the bucket.
- Travel Controls: These levers or pedals control the forward and reverse movement of the excavator. Depending on the specific model, there may be foot pedals or hand levers for this purpose.
- Swing Control: The swing control is used to rotate the upper structure of the excavator (house) to the left or right.
- Auxiliary Hydraulic Controls: If the excavator is equipped with auxiliary hydraulics, there will be controls to operate attachments such as hydraulic thumbs, hammers, or other hydraulic tools.
- Emergency Shut-Off: This button or lever allows the operator to quickly shut off the engine in case of an emergency.
- Lights and Wipers Controls: These controls operate the excavator’s lighting system and windshield wipers.
- Heating and Air Conditioning Controls: These controls regulate the temperature and airflow within the operator’s cabin, ensuring comfort in different weather conditions.
- Seat Adjustment: The control panel may include adjustments for the operator’s seat, including height and suspension settings, ensuring operator comfort during long working hours.
- Warning Lights and Alarms: The control panel is equipped with warning lights and alarms to alert the operator to potential issues, such as low engine oil pressure, high engine temperature, or low fuel.
- LCD Display (Optional): Some models may feature a digital LCD display that provides additional information, including real-time diagnostics, fuel consumption, and maintenance alerts.
Please note that the specific layout and features of the control panel can vary depending on the model year and any optional features or attachments added to the excavator.
Operators should be trained on how to use the control panel effectively for safe and efficient operation.
Kubota KX121-3 Lifting Capacity
The Kubota KX121-3 excavator has a maximum lifting capacity of 17,100 pounds (7758.344 kilograms) at a load radius of 2.6 feet (0.79 meters). This rating is based on ISO 10567 and does not exceed 75% of the static tilt load of the machine or 87% of the hydraulic lifting capacity of the machine.
However, it is important to note that the lifting capacity of the Kubota KX121-3 excavator will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The load radius: The load radius is the distance between the center of the machine’s boom and the center of the load. The further the load is from the center of the boom, the lower the lifting capacity of the machine will be.
- The ground conditions: The lifting capacity of the Kubota KX121-3 excavator will be lower if the machine is operating on soft or uneven ground.
- The weight of the attachments: Any attachments that are installed on the machine will reduce its lifting capacity.
- The slope of the ground: The lifting capacity of the Kubota KX121-3 excavator will be lower if the machine is operating on a slope.
It is important to consult the operator’s manual for the Kubota KX121-3 excavator for specific lifting capacity charts and guidelines. It is also important to never overload the machine, as this can cause damage and lead to accidents.
Here are some additional safety tips for lifting heavy objects with the Kubota KX121-3 excavator:
- Always inspect the load before lifting it. Make sure that the load is properly secured and that it is not too heavy for the machine.
- Use the correct lifting attachment for the job. For example, use a pallet fork to lift pallets and a sling to lift heavy objects.
- Center the load over the boom. This will help to prevent the machine from tipping over.
- Lift the load slowly and smoothly. Avoid making any sudden movements.
- Be aware of your surroundings and watch out for overhead hazards.
Kubota KX121-3 Pins and Bushings
The Kubota KX121-3 excavator has a number of pins and bushings that are used to connect the various components of the machine.
These pins and bushings are essential for the proper operation of the excavator, and they should be inspected and replaced regularly to prevent wear and tear.
Here is a list of the most common pins and bushings that are used in the Kubota KX121-3 excavator:
- Bucket pin
- Arm pin
- Boom pin
- Bucket bushing
- Arm bushing
- Boom bushing
These pins and bushings are typically made of high-strength steel and are designed to withstand the rigors of heavy-duty construction work. However, they can still wear out over time, especially if they are not properly lubricated or maintained.
It is important to inspect the pins and bushings on your Kubota KX121-3 excavator regularly for signs of wear and tear. If you notice any cracks, bends, or other damage, the pins and bushings should be replaced immediately.
You can find replacement pins and bushings for your Kubota KX121-3 excavator at your local Kubota dealer. When purchasing replacement pins and bushings, be sure to specify the model and year of your excavator.
Here are some tips for extending the life of the pins and bushings on your Kubota KX121-3 excavator:
- Lubricate the pins and bushings regularly with a high-quality grease.
- Inspect the pins and bushings for signs of wear and tear regularly.
- Replace any damaged pins and bushings immediately.
- Avoid overloading the excavator.
- Operate the excavator carefully and avoid accidents.
- Mini Excavator Centre: The Mini Excavator Centre offers pins and bushes for the Kubota KX121-3 STCA and Alpha modelsThey stock mini excavator parts, including tracks, rollers, idlers, sprockets, buckets, and undercarriage parts.
- Quanzhou Peers Construction Machinery Parts Co., Ltd.: This company offers high-quality Kubota KX121-3 bucket bushings for excavatorsThese hardened steel bushings are used to protect a housing from premature wear caused by friction with a pin.
- RB Bonomi: RB Bonomi offers pins and bushings for the Kubota KX121-3 excavatorPins and bushings are key elements for the proper functioning of the joints of arms and buckets of any excavator.
- Messicks: Messicks provides parts diagrams for the Kubota KX121-3 excavator, including pins and bushings
They offer a variety of attachments and parts for Kubota machines.
- Rhinox Group US: The Rhinox Group US offers a bucket pin and bush kit for the Kubota KX161-3 excavator This kit includes bucket pins, bucket pin bushes, linch/lynch pins, and spacer shims.
Kubota KX121 Thumb and Thumb Part Diagram
A thumb attachment for a Kubota KX121 excavator is a useful accessory that allows the operator to grasp, lift, and handle various objects and materials more effectively. It provides greater versatility and precision when working with the machine. Here are some key points to consider regarding a thumb attachment for a Kubota KX121:
- Function: The thumb attachment, often referred to as a hydraulic thumb, mechanical thumb, or excavator thumb, can be hydraulically or manually operated. It is typically mounted on the excavator’s arm and is used to grab, hold, and manipulate objects like rocks, tree stumps, debris, and other materials.
- Installation: Installing a thumb attachment on a Kubota KX121 requires proper installation to ensure it operates safely and effectively. Installation instructions and hardware should be provided with the thumb attachment, but it’s advisable to have a qualified technician or dealer handle the installation to ensure it’s done correctly.
- Hydraulic vs. Mechanical: Hydraulic thumbs are powered by the excavator’s hydraulic system and offer more precise control. They are often preferred for larger, more demanding tasks. Mechanical thumbs, on the other hand, are manually operated and may be better suited for lighter-duty tasks.
- Size and Capacity: Thumb attachments come in various sizes and weight capacities. It’s important to choose a thumb that matches the size and weight capacity of your Kubota KX121. Selecting the right size ensures optimal performance and safety.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance of the thumb attachment is essential to keep it in good working condition. Greasing moving parts and inspecting for wear and tear should be part of your maintenance routine.
- Operating Safety: When using the thumb attachment, it’s important to follow safety protocols and guidelines. Always be aware of the machine’s capabilities and limitations, and take precautions to avoid accidents or damage to the thumb and excavator.
- Training: If you are not experienced with using a thumb attachment, consider training or guidance from a qualified operator to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Attachment Compatibility: Ensure that the thumb attachment is compatible with your specific Kubota KX121 model, as specifications may vary between different excavator models and years.
- Legal Requirements: Be aware of any legal or regulatory requirements related to using a thumb attachment, such as safety and load-handling regulations in your area.
A thumb attachment can greatly enhance the versatility of your Kubota KX121 excavator, making it more capable in a variety of applications, including construction, landscaping, and material handling.
To find the right thumb attachment for your machine, you can consult with a Kubota dealer or authorized attachment provider, who can help you choose the right model for your specific needs.
Kubota KX121-3 Tracks
The tracks on a Kubota KX121-3 are essential components of the excavator’s undercarriage system, and they play a crucial role in the machine’s mobility and stability. Proper maintenance and care of the tracks are important for ensuring the excavator’s optimal performance and longevity. Here are some key points to consider regarding the tracks on a Kubota KX121-3:
- Track Inspection: Regularly inspect the tracks for signs of damage, wear, or misalignment. Look for any loose or damaged track components, missing track pads, or bent or broken track links.
- Cleaning: Keep the tracks clean from debris, mud, and dirt. Accumulated debris can accelerate track wear and decrease machine stability.
- Tension Adjustment: Proper track tension is essential for smooth operation and reduced wear. The operator’s manual for the Kubota KX121-3 will provide guidance on how to adjust track tension. Overly loose or overly tight tracks can lead to problems.
- Track Pads: If your excavator has rubber or steel track pads, inspect them for wear. Replace damaged or excessively worn track pads to maintain traction and reduce undercarriage wear.
- Sprockets and Rollers: Check the sprockets, front idlers, and bottom rollers. These components play a vital role in moving the tracks and maintaining their proper alignment. Replace worn or damaged sprockets, idlers, and rollers as needed.
- Undercarriage Components: Regularly inspect all undercarriage components, including track links, bolts, and bushings. Look for any signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Proper maintenance and replacement of these components are essential for optimal track performance.
- Track Replacement: Over time, the tracks themselves may need replacement due to wear and tear. If the tracks are damaged, worn out, or no longer provide sufficient traction, it’s essential to replace them with the appropriate replacement tracks recommended by Kubota.
- Lubrication: Some tracks have lubrication points. Ensure that they are adequately lubricated according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Overlooking lubrication can lead to premature wear.
- Operating Conditions: Be mindful of the terrain and conditions in which you operate the excavator. Rough or abrasive terrain can accelerate track wear, so adjust your operating practices accordingly.
- Safety: When inspecting or performing maintenance on the tracks, prioritize safety. Ensure the machine is turned off, the engine is stopped, and all necessary safety precautions are in place.
Kubota KX121-3 Problems
- Hydraulic Leaks: Hydraulic systems are essential for excavator operation, and hydraulic leaks can occur in hoses, fittings, or seals. These leaks can result in reduced hydraulic power and require prompt repair.
- Engine Problems: The engine may experience issues such as overheating, loss of power, or starting problems. These can be caused by various factors, including coolant leaks, fuel system problems, or air filter blockages.
- Track or Undercarriage Issues: The tracks, sprockets, idlers, and rollers are subject to wear and tear. Over time, you may encounter problems with damaged or worn-out components that need replacement. Proper track tension is crucial to maintain maneuverability and prevent excessive wear.
- Electrical and Instrumentation Problems: Electrical issues can lead to problems with lighting, instrument gauges, and safety features. Faulty sensors or wiring can cause malfunctions.
- Cabin and Controls Issues: Problems with the operator cabin, including controls, joysticks, or air conditioning, can affect the operator’s comfort and productivity.
- Fuel System Problems: Issues in the fuel system can lead to poor engine performance. Clogged fuel filters, contaminated fuel, or fuel pump problems can all be sources of trouble.
- Exhaust and Emission Problems: Compliance with emission standards is critical. Issues with the exhaust system, such as clogs or exhaust leaks, can affect performance and environmental compliance.
- Wear and Tear on Attachments: The attachments, including buckets and hydraulic thumbs, can wear out over time due to heavy use. Damaged or worn attachments may not perform efficiently and could pose safety risks.
- Overheating: Overheating can occur due to problems with the cooling system, including a malfunctioning radiator, coolant leaks, or a faulty thermostat.
- Underperformance: A gradual decrease in the machine’s overall performance, such as slower operation, less power, or reduced digging capabilities, may indicate issues that require attention.
- Excessive Noise and Vibration: Unusual noise and excessive vibrations can be signs of problems with the engine, hydraulics, or various mechanical components.
Tips for preventing problems with your Kubota KX121-3 excavator:
- Perform regular maintenance, such as changing the oil and filters, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Inspect the machine regularly for signs of wear and tear.
- Do not overload the machine.
- Operate the machine carefully and avoid accidents.
- Use the machine in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Kubota KX121-3 Weight
The Kubota KX121-3 excavator weighs 9,063 pounds (4,111 kilograms). This is a relatively heavy excavator for its class. However, its weight helps to provide stability and power, making it ideal for tough applications such as trenching through compacted soil or excavating in rocky conditions.
It is important to note that the weight of the Kubota KX121-3 can vary depending on the specific configuration of the machine. For example, adding optional attachments such as a hydraulic thumb or breaker will increase the weight of the machine.
When operating the Kubota KX121-3, it is important to be aware of its weight and to take appropriate precautions. For example, it is important to make sure that the job site can support the weight of the machine. It is also important to be careful when manoeuvring the machine in tight spaces.
Here are some additional safety tips for operating the Kubota KX121-3 excavator:
- Always wear appropriate safety gear, such as a hard hat, safety glasses, and gloves.
- Be aware of your surroundings and watch out for overhead hazards.
- Do not overload the machine.
- Use caution when operating the machine on slopes.
- Be aware of the machine’s swing radius and keep bystanders clear.
Weight of the Kubota KX121-3 Excavator with a Cab:
- The Kubota KX121-3 excavator has an operational weight of 9063 lb / 4110.9 kg
- The weight of the KX121-3 is between 8996 lb and 9400 lb depending on the model
- The KX121-3α GL model weighs 3.9 t or 8,598 lb
Comparison of the Weight of the Kubota KX121-3 to Other Mini Excavators:
- The Kubota KX121-3 is a compact excavator that weighs between 8996 lb and 9400 lb depending on the model
- The weight of the KX121-3 is similar to other mini excavators in its class, such as the Kubota KX71-3, the Kubota KX121-4, the Kubota KX080-4, the Kubota U55-4, and the Kubota KX057-4
Maximum Weight Capacity of the Kubota KX121-3 Excavator:
- The Kubota KX121-3 excavator has a maximum lifting capacity of 2,200 lb
- The maximum weight capacity of the KX121-3 is 2,200 lb or 998 kg
In summary, the Kubota KX121-3 excavator has an operational weight of 9063 lb / 4110.9 kg and a maximum lifting capacity of 2,200 lb. Its weight is similar to other mini excavators in its class, such as the Kubota KX71-3, the Kubota KX121-4, the Kubota KX080-4, the Kubota U55-4, and the Kubota KX057-4. The KX121-3α GL model weighs 3.9 t or 8,598 lb
Applications of the Kubota KX121 Excavator
The Kubota KX121 Excavator’s versatility makes it suitable for a wide range of construction and excavation applications. Here are a few examples of the tasks it excels at:
- Trenching and Digging: The KX121 can dig trenches with precision and efficiency, making it invaluable for utility installation and foundation work.
- Foundation Excavation: Whether you’re working on a residential or commercial project, the KX121 can dig foundations accurately and efficiently.
- Demolition: With the right attachment, such as a hydraulic hammer, the KX121 can tackle demolition work with ease, breaking through concrete and other tough materials.
- Landscaping: The excavator’s compact size and precise controls make it ideal for landscaping projects, including grading, shaping, and earthmoving.
- Utility Installation: Whether it’s sewer lines, water pipes, or electrical conduits, the KX121 is well-suited for the precise excavation required for utility installation.
- Road Construction: The KX121 is also capable of road construction tasks like ditch digging, road widening, and culvert installation.
- General Excavation: From digging holes to clearing debris, the KX121 is an all-purpose excavator that can handle a wide variety of tasks.
Advantages of Choosing the Kubota KX121 Excavator
- Durability: Kubota’s reputation for building tough equipment is exemplified in the KX121. Its durable construction ensures a long service life, saving you money on replacements and repairs.
- Versatility: The ability to easily switch between attachments and perform various tasks makes the KX121 a versatile addition to any construction project.
- Compact Size: Its compact design allows it to work in confined spaces, making it a valuable asset in urban construction projects.
- Operator Comfort: A comfortable operator is a productive operator. The KX121’s ergonomic cabin design ensures that operators can work long hours without discomfort.
- Fuel Efficiency: The KX121’s advanced engine management system reduces fuel consumption, lowering the operating costs over time.
- Resale Value: Kubota equipment holds its value well. When the time comes to upgrade or change equipment, you can expect a reasonable return on your investment.
In the world of construction and excavation, the Kubota KX121 Excavator stands out as a versatile workhorse that combines power, durability, and operator comfort.
Its compact size and advanced technology make it suitable for a wide range of applications, from trenching and demolition to road construction and landscaping.
Choosing the KX121 for your construction project means choosing a reliable, efficient, and cost-effective machine that will get the job done right.