Kubota K008 Mini Excavator- Price, Specs, Buyers Guide
Kubota K008 Mini Excavator
In the world of construction and landscaping, the importance of compact excavators cannot be overstated.
These small but mighty machines are the backbone of many projects, offering precision and power in confined spaces. Among the top players in the compact excavator market, the Kubota K008 mini-excavator stands out as a true powerhouse.
Kubota K008 Size and Performance
- Spacious and Comfortable: The Kubota K008 is designed to be spacious and comfortable, making it easy for the operator to work for long hours without feeling fatigued.
- Ultra-Compact: The Kubota K008 is an ultra-compact excavator that can fit in the tightest spaces, making it ideal for use in urban areas.
- Powerful Engine: The Kubota K008 is powered by a 10.3 horsepower engine that provides plenty of power for digging and other tasks.
- ROPS/FOPS: The Kubota K008 comes with a Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS) and a Falling Object Protective Structure (FOPS) to keep the operator safe in case of an accident.
- Tracks: The Kubota K008 comes with tracks that provide excellent traction on all types of terrain.
- Hydraulic System: The Kubota K008 comes with a hydraulic system that provides smooth and precise control of the excavator.
Kubota K008 Weight
The operating weight of the Kubota K008-3 mini excavator is typically in the range of 2,200 to 2,400 pounds (approximately 998 to 1,089 kilograms) depending on the specific configuration, attachments, and optional features.
Keep in mind that this weight is for the machine itself without any additional attachments or counterweights. The weight may also vary slightly depending on regional specifications and compliance with safety regulations.
It’s always a good practice to check the manufacturer’s specifications or consult your local Kubota dealer for the most accurate and up-to-date weight information for the Kubota K008-3 in your area.
Kubota K008 Size
One of the standout features of the Kubota K008 is its compact size.
Measuring just 9 feet in length and 2.3 feet in width, this mini excavator can easily manoeuvre through tight spaces, making it ideal for urban construction sites, landscaping projects, and more.
Its small footprint allows operators to access areas that larger machines simply cannot reach. Despite its diminutive size, the Kubota K008 mini-excavator packs a punch when it comes to performance.
Equipped with a reliable and fuel-efficient Kubota D722-E4B engine, this compact excavator delivers a surprising amount of power.
The engine boasts a horsepower rating of 10.3, ensuring that it can handle a wide range of tasks with ease. Whether you’re digging trenches, excavating foundations, or performing precision landscaping work, the K008 has the muscle to get the job done.
Kubota K008 Lifting Capacity
The lifting capacity of the Kubota K008 excavator varies depending on the lifting point radius and height. Here are the lifting capacity specifications for the Kubota K008 excavator:
- The rated lifting capacity of a Kubota K008-3 excavator is 80 kg or 176 lbs
- The lifting capacity of the Kubota K008 excavator over-front blade down ranges from 530 lbs to 1,186 lbs, depending on the lifting point radius and height
- The lifting capacity of the Kubota K008 excavator over-side ranges from 200 lbs to 490 lbs, depending on the lifting point radius and height
It is important to note that lifting capacity may vary depending on the specific model and configuration of the excavator. It is recommended to consult the operator’s manual or contact a Kubota dealer for more information on the lifting capacity of a specific Kubota K008 excavator.
Kubota K008 Thumb
The Kubota K008-3 mini excavator can be equipped with a thumb attachment to enhance its versatility and capabilities. The thumb attachment is typically referred to as a “thumb grapple” or “hydraulic thumb.” Here’s some information about the thumb attachment for the Kubota K008-3:
1. Function: The hydraulic thumb attachment for the Kubota K008-3 is designed to provide the machine with the ability to grasp and pick up various materials and objects. It’s particularly useful for handling items like rocks, logs, debris, and other irregularly shaped materials. The hydraulic thumb can be controlled from the operator’s seat, allowing for precise positioning and gripping of objects.
2. Features: The hydraulic thumb attachment typically features a set of hydraulic cylinders that open and close the thumb’s jaws. This allows the operator to adjust the grip width according to the size and shape of the material being handled. Some thumb attachments also have additional features like rotation, which enables you to manipulate objects more easily.
3. Applications: The thumb attachment is valuable for a wide range of applications, including landscaping, site cleanup, material handling, and construction tasks. It can help improve efficiency and precision in tasks that involve picking up and placing materials, such as arranging rocks in a retaining wall or clearing debris from a job site.
4. Compatibility: When considering a thumb attachment for your Kubota K008-3, it’s essential to ensure that it is compatible with your specific model and configuration. Kubota or authorized Kubota dealers can provide guidance on compatible thumb attachments and help you choose the right one for your needs.
5. Installation: The thumb attachment is typically installed on the end of the excavator’s boom. Installation may require some hydraulic plumbing to connect the thumb’s hydraulic cylinders to the machine’s hydraulic system. It’s crucial to have the thumb attachment professionally installed to ensure proper operation and safety.
Using a hydraulic thumb attachment with your Kubota K008-3 mini excavator can significantly increase its versatility and make it more efficient for tasks that involve material handling and manipulation. To purchase and install a thumb attachment for your Kubota K008-3, it’s recommended to consult with your local Kubota dealer, who can provide you with the necessary information, pricing, and installation services.
Kubota K008 Specifications
- Engine: Kubota D722-E4B-KEA-1 diesel engine
- Horsepower: 10.3 hp
- Operating Weight: 2,200 lbs
- Digging Depth: 5′ 8″
- Dumping Height: 6′ 7″
- Bucket Breakout Force: 2,200 lbs
- ROPS/FOPS: Type of ROPS / FOPS
- Tracks: Rubber tracks
- Dimensions: 9′ 2″ x 2′ 11″ x 7′ 7″
Kubota K008-3 oil capacity
The oil capacity of the Kubota K008-3 mini excavator varies depending on the specific component or system within the machine. Here are some key oil capacities for the Kubota K008-3:
- Engine Oil: The engine oil capacity for the Kubota K008-3 is typically around 2.2 to 2.6 liters (approximately 2.3 to 2.7 quarts) of engine oil. The exact capacity may vary slightly depending on factors like the specific engine model and whether you’re performing an oil change with a new oil filter.
- Hydraulic System: The hydraulic system of the Kubota K008-3 includes hydraulic fluid for powering the excavator’s various hydraulic functions. The hydraulic system capacity can vary depending on the configuration and specific model. The hydraulic reservoir may hold around 16 to 18 liters (approximately 4.2 to 4.7 gallons) of hydraulic fluid.
- Final Drive Gear Oil: The final drive gear oil capacity for the Kubota K008-3 may vary depending on the model and configuration. It is typically around 0.2 to 0.4 liters (approximately 0.2 to 0.4 quarts) per side for the final drives.
- Travel Motor Gear Oil: The travel motor gear oil capacity for each track drive motor is typically around 0.2 to 0.4 liters (approximately 0.2 to 0.4 quarts) per side.
- Swing Gear Oil: The capacity of the swing gear oil for the Kubota K008-3 can vary depending on the model and configuration. It is typically around 0.4 to 0.6 liters (approximately 0.4 to 0.6 quarts).
Kubota K008 Fuel Tank Location
The fuel tank on the Kubota K008-3 mini excavator is typically located at the rear of the machine, near the operator’s station and just behind the engine compartment. It’s a common placement for fuel tanks in compact construction equipment like mini excavators as it allows for easy access and refuelling.
Here are some general steps to locate and access the fuel tank on a Kubota K008-3:
- Operator’s Station: Begin by climbing into the operator’s station of the Kubota K008-3. The operator’s seat and controls are typically located toward the front of the machine.
- Turn Off the Engine: Ensure that the engine of the excavator is turned off and that all safety precautions are taken before proceeding.
- Look Behind the Operator’s Seat: After you’ve taken your seat, look behind you toward the rear of the machine, just behind the operator’s seat. In this area, you should see the fuel tank cap or access point.
- Open the Fuel Tank Cap: Carefully open the fuel tank cap to access the fuel filler neck. This may require turning the cap counter clockwise to unscrew it. Be sure to secure the cap properly after refueling to prevent fuel leaks and ensure safety.
- Refuel: With the fuel tank cap open, you can add the appropriate amount of diesel fuel to the tank. It’s essential to use clean and high-quality diesel fuel to ensure proper engine performance and longevity.
- Close and Secure the Cap: After refuelling, securely close the fuel tank cap by turning it clockwise until it is properly tightened. This helps prevent fuel spillage and contamination.
Always follow the safety guidelines and procedures outlined in the operator’s manual provided by Kubota for your specific K008-3 model when refuelling the excavator. Additionally, be cautious when handling fuel and ensure that there are no open flames or other potential ignition sources in the vicinity during refuelling.
Kubota K008 Battery
Kubota K008 Price
The current price of a new Kubota K008-3 mini excavator in the USA is around $24,600. The price of a used Kubota K008-3 will vary depending on the year, condition, and hours on the machine. However, you can expect to pay between $15,000 and $20,000 for a used Kubota K008-3 in good condition.
Here are some examples of used Kubota K008-3 mini excavators for sale in the USA as of October 9, 2023:
- 2017 Kubota K008-3 with 1,187 hours – $17,380
- 2018 Kubota K008-3 with 265 hours – $19,900
- 2021 Kubota K008-3 with 132 hours – $24,975
It is important to note that these are just a few examples, and the actual price of a used Kubota K008-3 will vary depending on the factors mentioned above.
If you are looking for a used Kubota K008-3 mini excavator, it is important to do your research and inspect the machine carefully before making a purchase. You should also consider purchasing the machine from a reputable dealer who can offer you a warranty.
Kubota K008 Rental
Renting a Kubota K008 mini excavator, or any construction equipment, is a common practice for individuals and businesses that have short-term or occasional needs for such equipment.
Kubota K008 mini excavators are often available for rent from equipment rental companies, construction equipment dealerships, and rental centers. Here’s how you can go about renting a Kubota K008:
- Find Local Rental Providers: Start by researching equipment rental providers in your area. You can do this through online searches, phone directories, or by asking for recommendations from construction professionals or colleagues.
- Contact Rental Providers: Once you’ve identified potential rental providers, get in touch with them to inquire about the availability of Kubota K008 mini excavators for rent. Provide them with details about your specific project, including the type of work you need the excavator for and the duration of the rental period.
- Ask About Availability and Rates: Ask the rental provider about the availability of Kubota K008 mini excavators during your desired rental period. Inquire about rental rates, which are typically quoted on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Be sure to ask if there are any additional charges, such as delivery fees or equipment insurance.
- Verify Requirements: Rental providers may have specific requirements for renting equipment, such as proof of insurance, a valid driver’s license, and a safety training certification if you plan to operate the machine. Ensure you meet these requirements.
- Inspect the Equipment: Before accepting the rental, inspect the Kubota K008 mini excavator thoroughly to ensure it is in good working condition. Check for any visible damage, signs of wear, and proper operation of controls. Document any existing issues with the rental provider.
- Review the Rental Agreement: Carefully review the rental agreement, including terms and conditions, responsibilities, rental duration, and any penalties for damage or late returns. Make sure you understand and agree to the terms before signing.
- Arrange Delivery or Pickup: Coordinate with the rental provider to arrange for the delivery of the Kubota K008 to your job site or determine if you need to pick it up from their location. Be clear about the logistics and any associated costs.
- Operate Safely: If you or your operators are not experienced in operating mini excavators, consider taking a safety training course to ensure safe and efficient operation. Many rental providers offer equipment safety training for renters.
- Return the Equipment: Return the Kubota K008 mini excavator to the rental provider at the end of the rental period in the same condition you received it. Be sure to adhere to the agreed-upon return date and time to avoid additional charges.
- Finalize Billing: Review the final bill with the rental provider to ensure accuracy. Pay any outstanding rental fees, fees for additional hours or damages if applicable.
Renting a Kubota K008 mini excavator can be a cost-effective solution for short-term construction or landscaping projects. Be sure to plan ahead, communicate with the rental provider, and prioritize safety when operating the equipment.
Kubota K008 Operation
Operating a Kubota K008 Excavator
- Familiarize yourself with the excavator: Before operating the Kubota K008 excavator, read the operator’s manual carefully to understand the machine’s limits and capabilities.
- Start the engine: Ensure the safety lever is engaged and turn the key to the “ON” position. Then, press the engine start switch and hold it until the engine starts.
- Control the excavator: The Kubota K008 excavator comes with a hydraulic system that provides smooth and precise control of the excavator. The control levers are used to control the movement of the excavator, including the boom, arm, bucket, and tracks.
- Digging: To dig, move the boom and arm to the desired position and use the bucket to scoop up the soil. Then, move the boom and arm to the desired dumping location and use the bucket to dump the soil.
- Dozing: To doze, use the dozer blade to push soil or debris out of the way.
- Shut down the engine: To stop the engine, simply turn the key to the “OFF” position.
K008 Precision and Control
One of the key advantages of the Kubota K008 mini-excavator is its exceptional precision and control. The machine’s hydraulic system is finely tuned to provide smooth and accurate operation, allowing operators to handle delicate tasks with ease.
Whether you’re digging around existing structures or working in confined spaces, the K008’s precise control ensures that you can work efficiently and avoid costly mistakes.
The K008’s hydraulic system also features a variable displacement pump, which allows for proportional control of the hydraulic flow.
This means that operators can adjust the digging speed and power to suit the specific requirements of the task at hand. Whether you need to dig deeper, reach farther, or work at a slower pace for delicate digging, the K008’s hydraulic system can be fine-tuned to your exact needs.
Uses of the Kubota K008
The Kubota K008 is a versatile excavator that can be used for a variety of tasks, including:
- Digging trenches for phone, water, and gas lines
- Landscaping and gardening
- Demolition work
- Excavating foundations for buildings
- Digging swimming pools
Kubota K008 Attachments
To further enhance its versatility, the Kubota K008 mini-excavator is compatible with a wide range of attachments. Whether you need to switch from a digging bucket to a grapple or a hydraulic breaker, the K008’s quick coupler system makes it easy to change attachments on the fly.
This versatility makes the K008 a true multi-purpose machine, capable of tackling a variety of tasks without the need for multiple pieces of equipment.
For landscaping professionals, the K008 can be equipped with a range of attachments designed specifically for landscaping tasks.
These attachments include augers for post hole digging, rippers for breaking up hard soil, and grading blades for precise levelling. With the right attachments, the K008 becomes a landscaping powerhouse, capable of handling everything from planting trees to shaping terrain.
Here are some common attachments that can be used with the Kubota K008-3:
- Buckets: The most basic attachment for any excavator is the bucket. The Kubota K008-3 can be fitted with buckets of various sizes and types, such as digging buckets for excavation and trenching, grading buckets for levelling and backfilling, and ditching buckets for shaping ditches and trenches.
- Augers: Auger attachments are used for drilling holes in the ground. They are commonly used for tasks like fence post installation, tree planting, or creating holes for signposts. The Kubota K008-3 can be equipped with auger attachments of different diameters to suit your needs.
- Hydraulic Breakers: Hydraulic breakers, also known as hydraulic hammers, are used for breaking up concrete, asphalt, and other hard materials. They are often used in demolition and construction projects. The Kubota K008-3 can be fitted with a hydraulic breaker attachment for breaking up tough surfaces.
- Thumb Grapples: Thumb grapple attachments can be useful for picking up and moving various materials, including logs, rocks, and debris. They provide a secure grip on objects, allowing you to transport or place them precisely.
- Trenchers: Trencher attachments are designed for digging narrow trenches quickly and efficiently. They are commonly used for installing utility lines and irrigation systems.
- Rippers: Rippers are used to break up compacted soil, asphalt, or hardpan. They have multiple shanks or teeth that penetrate the ground, loosening it for easier excavation or cultivation.
- Compactors: Compactor attachments are used to compact soil or surfaces. They are often used in road construction or landscaping projects to achieve a firm and stable foundation.
- Grading Blades: Grading blades, also known as grading boxes or dozer blades, are used for leveling and grading surfaces. They are valuable for landscaping tasks, such as creating smooth and even terrain.
- Quick Couplers: While not an attachment per se, a quick coupler system allows for rapid attachment changes without the need for manual tools. This feature enhances the versatility of the Kubota K008-3, making it easy to switch between different attachments.
Kubota K008 Operator Comfort and Safety
Kubota understands that operator comfort and safety are paramount, even in compact machines like the K008. The cabin of the K008 is designed with ergonomics in mind, providing a comfortable and spacious environment for the operator.
The adjustable seat, easy-to-reach controls, and clear visibility all contribute to a comfortable and efficient work experience.
Safety is also a top priority in the design of the K008. The machine is equipped with safety features such as a retractable seatbelt, a travel alarm, and an ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure) canopy.
These features help protect the operator in case of accidents or unexpected situations on the job site.
- Always wear proper safety gear: This includes a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and steel-toed boots.
- Inspect the machine before each use: Check the engine oil, hydraulic fluid, and fuel levels. Also check for any leaks or damage.
- Operate the machine slowly and carefully: The Kubota K008 is a powerful machine, so it is important to operate it slowly and carefully to avoid accidents.
- Be aware of your surroundings: When operating the Kubota K008, be aware of your surroundings and watch out for overhead obstacles and power lines.
- Use the right attachments for the job: The Kubota K008 comes with a variety of attachments, so use the right attachment for the job at hand.
K008 Maintenance and Durability
When it comes to compact equipment, durability and ease of maintenance are crucial factors. The Kubota K008 is built to withstand the rigors of the job site, with a robust construction that can handle tough conditions.
The machine’s components are designed for longevity, reducing downtime and repair costs.
Routine maintenance is made easy with the K008. Access to the engine, hydraulic system, and other key components is straightforward, allowing operators or technicians to perform regular maintenance tasks quickly and efficiently.
This not only keeps the machine in top working condition but also reduces the overall cost of ownership.
Maintaining a Kubota K008 Excavator
- Regular maintenance: Regular maintenance tasks for the Kubota K008 excavator include checking and topping up the engine oil, hydraulic fluid, and coolant levels, inspecting and cleaning the air filter, and checking the tracks for wear and tear.
- Cleaning: After each use, clean the excavator to remove any dirt or debris that may have accumulated on the machine.
- Lubrication: Lubricate the excavator’s moving parts regularly to ensure smooth operation.
- Storage: Store the excavator in a dry and secure location when not in use.
- Toolbox: The Kubota K008 excavator comes with a toolbox conveniently located under the operator’s seat. Use the toolbox to store tools and equipment needed for maintenance.
In today’s world, environmental considerations are increasingly important, even in the construction and landscaping industries. The Kubota K008 is designed with eco-friendliness in mind.
The engine meets EPA Tier 4 emission standards, ensuring that it produces fewer harmful emissions while still delivering the power and performance required for the job.
Furthermore, the K008’s fuel-efficient design helps reduce fuel consumption and operating costs. This not only benefits the environment but also your bottom line. With rising fuel prices and growing environmental regulations, having an eco-friendly machine like the K008 can be a significant advantage.
The Kubota K008 is a compact excavator that punches well above its weight. Its small size, precision control, versatility, and durability make it a popular choice among professionals in various industries.
Whether you’re a construction contractor, landscaper, or utility worker, the K008’s capabilities can help you tackle a wide range of tasks efficiently and effectively.
With a commitment to operator comfort, safety, and eco-friendly operation, Kubota has created a machine that not only performs exceptionally but also aligns with modern industry standards and values.
The Kubota K008 is a true compact powerhouse, ready to dig, lift, and move with precision and power in confined spaces, making it an invaluable tool for professionals in need of top-tier performance from a compact excavator.