Kubota L4701 : Specs, Problems, Attachments
The Kubota L4701 is a compact utility tractor, first manufactured by Kubota in 2014. It has proved highly popular, and for many years has set new standards for a professional agricultural tractor.
If what is called a slender worker, and in reality is a highly productive professional vehicle that can be used for demanding tasks, as well as a perfect all-rounder for all homework and smallholding requirements.
It offers exceptional versatility, power and all-round capabilities. It has the benefit of a well-respected Kubota engine, that combines highly efficient performance with the lowest possible fuel consumption.
The Kubota transmission system offers both efficiency and driving comfort, and the tractor cab is extremely comfortable and ergonomically adaptable.
All details relating to specifications, parts and attachments are approximate and should be checked with the manufacturer before any purchase is made.
Kubota L4701 Specifications
As mentioned above, the Kubota L4701 is a standard L-series compact utility tractor, with a four-cylinder diesel liquid cooled engine, with a capacity of just under 2 1/2L, and has a fuel capacity of just over 50 L.
It has a rear three-point hitch system with position control. There is an independent power takeoff system with a hydraulic wet disc clutch.
Its dimensions are approximately just over 70 inches for both the two wheel drive and four-wheel-drive wheelbase. It weighs between 3200 and 3300 lbs.
The Kubota L4701 contact either a 4×2 2WD, or a 4×4 MFWD 4WD. It has a hydrostatic power steering system, and a mechanical wet differential braking system, and the cab is a two post folding ROPS.
All details relating to specifications, parts and attachments are approximate and should be checked with the manufacturer before any purchase or repair is made.
This in part is because changes can be made to a particular model over the years of production, and also a number of websites carry detailed technical information, which can sometimes slightly differ.
When checking exact specifications for a Kubota L4701, there are a number of areas to check :
Kubota L4701 engine
- Engine grows HP at 3200 rpm
- PTO horsepower at 3200 rpm
- Fuel tank capacity
Kubota L4701 drive train
- Drive method
- PTO– rear
- PTO – mid
Kubota L4701 hydraulics
- Pump output
- Three point hitch
- Lift capacity at 24 inches behind pin
Kubota L4701 tire size
- Front – turf/bar/industrial
- Rear – turf/bar/industrial
- Travelling speed – forward
- Travelling speed – reverse
Kubota L4701 Dimensions
- Length with three point hitch
- Height with ROPS
- Ground clearance
- Tread – front
- Tread – rear
- Turning radius
- Tractor weight
Kubota L4701 Backhoe specifications (if appropriate)
- Bucket cylinder digging force
- Dipperstick cylinder digging force
- Boom swing mechanism
- Shipping weight
- Transport height
- Loading height
- Digging depth
- Swing pivot to rear axle centre line
- Reach from swing pivot
- Buckets rotation
- Swing arc
- Angle of departure
Kubota L4701 Loader specifications (if applicable)
- Maximum lift height to bucket pivot pin
- Dumping clearance
- Dumping reach at maximum lift height
- Maximum dump angle
- Reach with bucket on ground
- Bucket roll back angle
- Digging depth
- Bucket width
- Lift capacity
- Breakout force
- Raising time/lowering time – with and without load
- Bucket roll back time/dumping time
Kubota L4701 Problems
Problems can occur with any tractor, either new or secondhand. Sometimes these problems are to do with defects in the machine, or with parts and sometimes they are to do with poor maintenance or simple checks and remedies.
Below are listed some of the most common problems with the kubota ????? tractor, and some general ideas as to how these problems can normally be dealt with.
L4701 Tractor won’t start
Check the following
- Check the transmission gear shift lever. It may not be in the right position. Place the range shift lever into neutral and check the engine throttle lever is not put forward. Move the throttle half or full impulse.
- Check and see if the battery connection is loose or corroded. Check connections and retighten it necessary
- Check and see if the fuel shutoff valve is closed.
- Check and see if the fuel is either stale, or at an improper fuel level. Drain the tank if necessary of all fuel and refill.
- Check if the engine oil viscosity is correct or not, and if not completely change the oil in the tractor.there
- Check and see if the fuel filter is plugged, and if necessary place.
- check if the air intake filter is plugged, and if it is clean or if necessary replace the air filter elements.
- Checked to see if any of the fuses have blown and if necessary replace one or all of them.
L4701 Tractor won’t start, just clicks
check the following
- Could be potential battery issues. Check that all the motor and battery connections are clean and tight.
- Check the battery voltage and its holding power and replace it necessary.
L4701 Tractor cranks but will not start
- The fuel may not be getting to the cylinder. check the fuel level, the shutoff valve and the fuel filter.
- Check the air filter. It may be too cold for the cylinder to combust mixture of air and fuel.
- Move the throttle back to idle and then half throttle and attempt to restart
Starting diesel engines in cold weather
- Use proper seasonal diesel blends. Winter blends have certain additives to ensure that they remain liquid when it is cold.
- Watch and check for bio diesel percentages
- idle the engines for a time before using, this increases its efficiency and range.
- Maintain the cooling system properly. Check the overall level and quality of coolant.
- Use various engine starting aids if necessary. Some of the most common are glow plugs, intake preheaters and block heaters.
- if the engine fails to start, this could be due to the cold start system malfunctioning, the fuel injectors may be dirty or there may be a faulty switch.
L4701 Engine problems.
Either the engine went start, or it is hard to start or start and then stalls. Check the following :
- There may be no fuel flow. check the tank, hoses, feel shutoff valve and fuel filter. Make sure they are all functioning properly and that there are no leaks from any of them.
- The exhaust smoke may be black. This may be due to too much oil, a clogged air filter or dirty fuel.
- The exhaust smoke may be blue or white. This may be due to fuel inside the muffler, a clogged fuel injection nozzle, poor quality fuel, a defective thermostat or that may be sediment in the fuel which may also be stale.
L4701 Engine may be overheating.
Check the following
- The engine may be overloaded, in human terms too much may be asked of it. Lighten the load or shift to a lower gear
- The coolant level may be low check and see if it needs refilling and also check the hoses and radiator to make sure there are no links or loose connections.
- There may be a blockage in the coolant system that is affecting its flow. Best thing to do is to completely flush the whole coolant system and replace as necessary.
- The fan belt may be loose or damaged. It should be easy to check for wear and tear and any tension and replace as necessary.
- The radiator core or screens and dirty and simply cleaning them maybe enough to solve the problem.
L4701 Steering issues
Normally the steering either feels a bit loose or may pull to one side.
- Check the steering fluid. Check the hydraulic oil level, and check for any leaks.
- Tires may be a bit low or flat. Check for low tire pressure and reinflate all replaced if needed.
- The steering linkage may be in need of lubrication.
- If there is too much play in the steering wheel, and none of the above again difference them advice and assistance should be sought from the nearest Kubota dealership, as this could be a real safety concern.
The manual for the Kubota L4701 is likely to have a section entitled troubleshooting or something similar. This information is also often found on a number of major websites either entitled troubleshooting, resources or FAQ.
It’s mainly contains questions and answers on common problems and questions relating to Kubota machines generally can be a really useful source of advice.
Below are some of the main areas that are covered :
- How to obtain replacement owners manual or parts catalogue
- Free start-up checks. This can include removing debris from surrounding areas, checking oil levels and using fresh fuel.
- Follow all safety recommendations
- A recommended maintenance schedule
- How to change oil
- How to clean machine
- How to find the right spark plug
- How to lubricate gears
- How to maintain pistons and cylinders
- How to maintain air filters
- How to store when not in use
- Tire maintenance
- Which attachments are available
- How to obtain a wiring diagram
- Tracking adjustment if machine is putting to one side
- Type of fuel
- Warranty information, normally the type of coverage available depending if manufacturer or dealership warranty, and the length of the warranty as well.
- PTO problems
- Loader problems
- Steering box issues
- Starting problems
- How to fix attachments
- Optional extras as listed below
- Engine block heater
- Work lights, front and rear enabling high visibility at night
- Back buzzer
- Double acting remote hydraulic control valve
- Three point hitch
- Top and filter kit
Kubota L4701 maintenance and servicing
One of the best ways to prevent a lot of common problems is to make sure that the L4701 is regularly serviced, and all the recommended checks are carried out in accordance with the schedule laid out in the sservice manual.
Check the owners service and parts manual for full details
- Check all the service intervals. These are normally something like daily checks every 50 hours, every 100 hours, every 200 hours, every 400 hours, every 800 hours, every 15:00 hours, every 3000 hours, every one year, every two years and service as required.
- Maintenance of loader, including daily checks, lubrication and tire inflation.
- How best to store tractor, in terms of inside/outside, draining of fuel, maintenance of battery and electrical systems etc.
Kubota L4701 and Biodiesel Fuels.
Many people like to use bio diesel fuels in their Kubota L4701 , but it is an area that is slightly complicated it’s. Anyone wanting to use this type of fuel should look into it carefully, check the nature of biodiesel fuels, check manufacturers advice on whether or not to use it into engines and check potential problems it may cause. Below is a list of some of the things to consider.
- What is biodiesel
- Is it safe to use biodiesel in L4701 engines – check with the manufacturer
- What are the advantages of biodiesel
- Biodiesel fuel storage guidelines
- How does using biodiesel fuel affect the engine warranty
- Potential drawbacks to using biodiesel fuel
- Cold weather flow degradation
- Stability and storage issues
- Possible filter restriction and plugging
- Possible fuel leakage through seals and hoses
- Possible reduction of service life of engine components
- Possible coaching/block injector nozzles
- Possible crankcase oil pollution
- Potential corrosion of fuel injection system
- Possible seizure of internal components
- Possible formation of sludge and sediments
- Possible thermal oxidation of fuel at elevated temperatures
- Possible steel and gasket material degradation
- Possible compatibility issues with other materials used in fuel handling distribution and storage equipment
- Possible reduction in water separator efficiency
- Potential high acid levels within fuel system
- Potential damage to paint is exposed to bio diesel
- Emissions – check engine year of manufacture
- Emissions – how to find engine emissions certificates
- Emissions – check engines horsepower rating.
Buying a second hand Kubota L4701 checklist
Many problems arise with a Kubota L4701 when it is brought second-hand. Below is a checklist of things to look out for when buying a used second-hand machine which if followed, may help to alleviate some of the more common problems.
- Check vehicle documents and service book, warranty documents, year of manufacture, any chassis number and any outstanding finance.
- Check tires and wheels for wear and tear. Make sure the tires are the same type on any one axle, check for rim damage and check we’ll attachment for weights
- Check gearbox, especially if any grinding noises during steering. Check differential lock engages and disengages, functional rear and front power takeoff, PTO shaft condition and any unusual noises.
- Check lifting mechanism, the hydraulic pump system, any hoses and cylinders
- Check all electrical systems, make sure it is a functional lighting system and test all electrical elements
- Engine and battery – check for leaks in the unusual noises when starting or idling, any abnormal exhaust colouration. Check battery maintenance and emission control
- Oils and liquids – check for any oil leaks and liquid levels, check engine oil, coolant, hydraulic oil, servo oils and gearbox
- Cabin and visibility – condition of drivers seat, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, display indicators working, front and rear windows free of damage and check windscreen wipers and mirrors are working properly.
- Overall condition – check the signs of repairs, proof that spare parts and accessories are original, check for any corrosion or rust and any unusual alterations to paintwork.
Kubota L4701 Attachments / Implements
There are a number of attachmentsavailable for Kubota tractors, a general list of which is published below, and more detailed information beneath.
- Mower Deck
- All Purpose Seeder
- Pallett Forks
- Box Blade
- Grooming Mower
- Finishing Mower
- Fertilizer Spreader
- Rotary Tiller
- Rotary Cutter
- Rear Blade
- Wood Chopper
- Landscapr Trailer
- Post Hole Digger
- Landscape Rake
- Lawn Aerator
- Bush Hogg
- Finish Mower
- Soil Pulveriser
- Trailor Mower
- Land leveler
- Garden Bedder
- Lawn Plugger
- Bale Spear
- Blades / Box Scraper
- Field Cultivators
- Disc Harrows
- Power Harrows
- Vertical Tillage
- Round Balers
- Disc Mower Conditioners
- Plain Disc Mowers
Kubota L4701 Implements
- A G 15 series arena graders
- BB 12 series box scrapers
- BB 05 series box scrapers
- CA05 series core aerators
- CA15 series core aerators
- DH 10 series disk harrows
- DRG drag harrows
- G505 series grading scrapers
- third function valves
- SGC0554 claw grapples
- SGC0548 claw grapples
- LR 16 series landscape rakes
- LR05 series landscape rakes
- MP 10 and MP 20 series mold board
- SA 20 series post hole digger
- HD 25 series post hole diggers
- PD 10 series post hole diggers
- RP16 series rear blades
- RB 15 series rear blades
- RB05 series rear blades
- SF 25 series scarifiers
- SBR series seed bed rollers
- SP 20 series soil pulverisers
- FDR 16 series grooming mowers
- QH 10 series quick hitches
- QH05 quick hitches
- QH 15 series quick hitches
- BSR 10 series bail Spears
- BS and BSE 30/40/50 series bail Spears
- BS and BSE 10/20 series bail Spears
- CB05 series combination bucket
- PFL 20 series pallet forks
- P F10 and PF 20 series pallet forks
- WC1504 wood chippers
- WC 1503 woodchipers
- RCR 12 series rotary cutters
- RTA 12 series rotary tillers
- RTR 12 series rotary tillers
- RTR 05 series rotary tillers
- FPS series food plot seeders
- PDS series pull type spreaders
- FSP series spreaders
- STB05 series snow trip blades
- WB 10 series weight box
- SPL 05 series loader Mount Snow
- SB 10 series snowblowers
- front loader
- Swift connect backhoe
Kubota L4701 for Sale / Prices
The list price for both A Kubota L4701 HSt and the Kubota L4701 DT should come in at approximately just over US dollars 30,000, depending upon dealership options.
There are a significant number of used and second-hand tractors available, both online and at dealerships as well as local listings such as craigslist below.
Some recent listings on tractorhouse show the following as being available.
A 2016 Kubota L4701HST with 230 hours and a loader sale at US dollars 27,500.
A 2017 Kubota L4701 with 230 hours for sale at US dollars 26,100, a 2017 Kubota L4701 with 100 hours for sale at US dollars 26,288, and and a 2019 Kubota L4701 HST with 100 hours sale at US dollars 19995.
Kubota L4701 – Craigslist
Craigslist is a huge and popular marketplace for a wide range of agricultural products, including tractors such as the Kubota L4701.
The advantage is the ability to search locally by state, and by county. This means the practicality of inspecting the tractor is much greater, and also finding out its history and work detail.
The downside is that searching by locality limits the number of tractors that may be available, although if someone is willing to buy out of state then it broadens the search area significantly.
Kubota L4701 Attachments
There are a number of attachments for the Kubota L4701, a general list of which is published below.
Loader – LA765
This loader has a height to pin of just over 105 inches, and a clearance with a dumped bucket of just over 80 inches. It has a dump reach of just over 21 inches and a dump angle of 41°
Backhoe – Kubota BH92
This backhoe has a 2 foot flat digging depthof just over 105 inches, and a route from pivot of just under 150 inches. It has a loading height of just over 90 inches and the bucket rotation is 108°.
Kubota L4701 Backhoe
Kubota L4701 Mower Deck
Kubota L4701 All Purpose Seeder
Kubota L4701 Pallett Forks
Kubota L4701 Box Blade
Kubota L4701 Grooming Mower
Kubota L4701 Finishing Mower
Kubota L4701 Fertilizer Spreader
Kubota L4701 Rotary Tiller
Kubota L4701 Rotary Cutter
Kubota L4701 Rear Blade
Kubota L4701 Wood Chopper
Kubota L4701 Landscapr Trailer
Kubota L4701 Post Hole Digger
Kubota L4701 Landscape Rake
Kubota L4701 Grapple
Kubota L4701 Lawn Aerator
Kubota L4701 Bush Hogg
Kubota L4701 Finish Mower
Kubota L4701 Soil Pulveriser
Kubota L4701 Plow
Kubota L4701 Trailor Mower
Kubota L4701 Land leveler
Kubota L4701 Garden Bedder
Kubota L4701 Lawn Plugger
Kubota L4701 Cultipacker
Kubota L4701 Bale Spear
Kubota L4701 Auger
Kubota L4701 Blades / Box Scraper
Kubota L4701 Bucket
Kubota L4701 Field Cultivators
Kubota L4701 Disc Harrows
Kubota L4701 Power Harrows
Kubota L4701 Ploughs
Kubota L4701 Vertical tillage
Kubota L4701 Round Balers
Kubota L4701 Disc Mower Conditioners
Kubota L4701 Plain Disc Mowers
Kubota L4701 Rakes
Kubota L4701 Tedders
Kubota L4701 Wrappers
Kubota L4701 Spreaders
Kubota L4701 Reviews- Common Questions
There are numerous reviews available online, ranging from full-length video reviews on sites such as YouTube, through to discussion forums such as tractor by net. the value of video reviews ifsthey show the tractor at its best, as most of these reviews are done by dealerships, or very enthusiastic customers.
Discussion forums tend to be more focused and constructively critical. They are a wide source of valuable information and normally have most issues concerning this tractor covered already, or have a wide range of users who are willing to the help with most detailed problems and questions
Kubota L4701 Owners Manual
The owners manual and the service manual for the Kubota L4701 are normally quite easy to obtain. If buying a new tractor then the manual will come with it, or should come with it, either as a hardback book, or as a downloadable PDF
If buying a used tractor and the handbook or manual is not available, then you can normally be obtained either from a dealership, or a number of sites online that offer it either as a free download, or available at a nominal charge.
Owners manuals and service manuals can also often be obtained from sites such as eBay and Amazon.
Kubota L4701 Specs,
Kubota L4701 Price,
Kubota L4701 Accessories,
Kubota L4701 – HST,
Kubota L4701 Engine,
Kubota L4701 Reviews,
Kubota L4701 Problems,
Kubota L4701 – Craigslist,
Kubota L4701 Attachments and Implements,
Kubota L4701 Backhoe,
Kubota L4701 Weight,
Kubota L4701 Instrument Panel,
Kubota L4701 Engine Problems,
Kubota L4701 Starting Problems,
Kubota L4701 Steering Problems,