Kubota RTV900 : Specs, Problems, Attachments
The Kubota RTV900 has been around since 2006, and is one of Kubota’s bestselling range of vehicles, and an acknowledged leader in the field of utility vehicles.
Each model since the original has been improved in one area or another, and the current RTV-X900 is at the top of its class in terms of safety and performance.
Any utility vehicle can be used for a variety of different building and construction work, and can be used on most types of ground or terrain. Extra care is to be taken if the land is on a slope or on a hill, as this can be a real risk for the stability of the RTV.
Kubota RTV900 specs
The specifications for a Kubota RTV900 tended to focus mainly on engine size and its power output. These specifications will vary slightly depending upon the age and model of the RTV that is bought.
The current Kubota RTV X series have traditional Kubota diesel engines. These are three cylinder liquid cooled engines starting with a 21.6 HP engine, up to a 24.8 HP engine. It has a variable hydraulic transmission which has a wide torque band, and large oil coolers. This
Kubota has traditionally had what it refers to as a strong high rigidity frame of the vehicle, which is acknowledged that the industry has been one of the best available. It ensures the safety of the operators in the vehicle, and provides a framework that allows for considerable loads to be carried in it.
Kubota has a daily simplified but large and easy to maintain radiator. He radiator and end take situated at the very front of the vehicle, in order to take advantage of cleaner and cooler air.
The RTV900 has independent and height adjustable front and rear suspension, it has CV joint protectors and skid plates, limited slip front differential and dynamic braking.
Although not literally technical specifications, Kubota has always paid a lot of attention to the comfort of the operators area, which in a practical sense can make a real difference to the use of the vehicle.
The Kubota RTV900 has 60/40 split bench seats, hydrostatic power steering, a large bright and easy to read digital display and an easily accessible parking brake.
All details relating to specifications, parts and attachments are approximate and should be checked with the manufacturer before any purchase or repair is made.
This in part is because changes can be made to a particular model over the years of production, and also a number of websites carry detailed technical information, which can sometimes slightly differ.
When checking exact specifications for a Kubota RTV900, there are a number of areas to check :
RTV900 Body color
- Normally orange
- Sometimes camouflage
- Type – number of cylinders and cycles
- Cooling system
Maximum traveling speed
RTV900 Four wheel drive system
- front differential
- rear differential
- front brakes
- rear brakes
- parking brake
- front suspension
- rear suspension
RTV900 Ground clearance
Occupant protective system (OPS)
- ROPS structure
- seat belts
- height, overall
- front tread
- Ria tread
- turning radius
RTV900 Cargo bed
- bed height
- cargo bed load
- dumping system
Fuel tank capacity
RTV900 Sound rating at operators ear at maximum rpm
Tires – front and rear
Front gard design
Hydraulic bed lift
Spray on bed liner
Kubota RTV900 Problems
Problems can occur with any RTV , either new or secondhand. Sometimes these problems are to do with defects in the machine, or with parts and sometimes they are to do with poor maintenance or simple checks and remedies.
Below are listed some of the most common problems with the Kubota RTV900, and some general ideas as to how these problems can normally be dealt with.
RTV900 Won’t start
Check the following
- Check the transmission gear shift lever. It may not be in the right position. Place the range shift lever into neutral and check the engine throttle lever is not put forward. Move the throttle half or full impulse.
- Check and see if the battery connection is loose or corroded. Check connections and retighten it necessary
- Check and see if the fuel shutoff valve is closed.
- Check and see if the fuel is either stale, or at an improper fuel level. Drain the tank if necessary of all fuel and refill.
- Check if the engine oil viscosity is correct or not, and if not completely change the oil in the tractor.there
- Check and see if the fuel filter is plugged, and if necessary place.
- check if the air intake filter is plugged, and if it is clean or if necessary replace the air filter elements.
- Checked to see if any of the fuses have blown and if necessary replace one or all of them.
RTV900 Won’t start, just clicks
Check the following
- Could be potential battery issues. Check that all the motor and battery connections are clean and tight.
- Check the battery voltage and its holding power and replace it necessary.
RTV900 Turns, but will not start
- The fuel may not be getting to the cylinder. check the fuel level, the shutoff valve and the fuel filter.
- Check the air filter. It may be too cold for the cylinder to combust mixture of air and fuel.
- Move the throttle back to idle and then half throttle and attempt to restart
Starting diesel engines in cold weather
- Use proper seasonal diesel blends. Winter blends have certain additives to ensure that they remain liquid when it is cold.
- Watch and check for bio diesel percentages
- idle the engines for a time before using, this increases its efficiency and range.
- Maintain the cooling system properly. Check the overall level and quality of coolant.
- Use various engine starting aids if necessary. Some of the most common are glow plugs, intake preheaters and block heaters.
- if the engine fails to start, this could be due to the cold start system malfunctioning, the fuel injectors may be dirty or there may be a faulty switch.
RTV900 Engine Problems.
Either the engine went start, or it is hard to start or start and then stalls. Check the following :
- There may be no fuel flow. check the tank, hoses, feel shutoff valve and fuel filter. Make sure they are all functioning properly and that there are no leaks from any of them.
- The exhaust smoke may be black. This may be due to too much oil, a clogged air filter or dirty fuel.
- The exhaust smoke may be blue or white. This may be due to fuel inside the muffler, a clogged fuel injection nozzle, poor quality fuel, a defective thermostat or that may be sediment in the fuel which may also be stale.
RTV900 Engine may be overheating.
Check the following
- The engine may be overloaded, in human terms too much may be asked of it. Lighten the load or shift to a lower gear
- The coolant level may be low check and see if it needs refilling and also check the hoses and radiator to make sure there are no links or loose connections.
- There may be a blockage in the coolant system that is affecting its flow. Best thing to do is to completely flush the whole coolant system and replace as necessary.
- The fan belt may be loose or damaged. It should be easy to check for wear and tear and any tension and replace as necessary.
- The radiator core or screens and dirty and simply cleaning them maybe enough to solve the problem.
RTV900 Steering issues.
Normally the steering either feels a bit loose or may pull to one side.
- Check the steering fluid. Check the hydraulic oil level, and check for any leaks.
- Tires may be a bit low or flat. Check for low tire pressure and reinflate all replaced if needed.
- The steering linkage may be in need of lubrication.
- If there is too much play in the steering wheel, and none of the above again difference them advice and assistance should be sought from the nearest Kubota dealership, as this could be a real safety concern.
The manual for the Kubota RTV900 is likely to have a section entitled troubleshooting or something similar. This information is also often found on a number of major Kubota websites, either entitled troubleshooting, resources or FAQ.
It mainly contains questions and answers on common problems and questions relating to Kubota machines generally, and can be a really useful source of advice.
Below are some of the main areas that are covered :
- How to obtain replacement owners manual or parts catalogue
- Free start-up checks. This can include removing debris from surrounding areas, checking oil levels and using fresh fuel.
- Follow all safety recommendations
- A recommended maintenance schedule
- How to change oil
- How to clean machine
- How to find the right spark plug
- How to lubricate gears
- How to maintain pistons and cylinders
- How to maintain air filters
- How to store when not in use
- Tire maintenance
- Which attachments are available
- How to obtain a wiring diagram
- Tracking adjustment if machine is putting to one side
- Type of fuel
- Warranty information, normally the type of coverage available depending if manufacturer or dealership warranty, and the length of the warranty as well.
- PTO problems
- Loader problems
- Steering box issues
- Starting problems
- How to fix attachments
- Optional extras as listed below
- Engine block heater
- Work lights, front and rear enabling high visibility at night
- Back buzzer
- Double acting remote hydraulic control valve
- Three point hitch
- Top and filter kit
Kubota RTV900 Maintenance and Servicing
One of the best ways to prevent a lot of common problems is to make sure that the RTV900 is regularly serviced, and all the recommended checks are carried out in accordance with the schedule laid out in the sservice manual.
Check the owners service and parts manual for full details
- Check all the service intervals. These are normally something like daily checks every 50 hours, every 100 hours, every 200 hours, every 400 hours, every 800 hours, every 15:00 hours, every 3000 hours, every one year, every two years and service as required.
- Maintenance of loader, including daily checks, lubrication and tire inflation.
- How best to store tractor, in terms of inside/outside, draining of fuel, maintenance of battery and electrical systems etc.
Kubota RTV900 and Biodiesel fuels.
Many people like to use biodiesel fuels in their Kubota RTV900 , but it is an area that is slightly complicated. Anyone wanting to use this type of fuel should look into it carefully, check the nature of biodiesel fuels, check manufacturers advice on whether or not to use it in their engine and check potential problems it may cause. Below is a list of some of the things to consider.
- What is biodiesel
- Is it safe to use biodiesel in RTV engines – check with the manufacturer
- What are the advantages of biodiesel
- Biodiesel fuel storage guidelines
- How does using biodiesel fuel affect the engine warranty
- Potential drawbacks to using biodiesel fuel
- Cold weather flow degradation
- Stability and storage issues
- possible filter restriction and plugging
- possible fuel leakage through seals and hoses
- possible reduction of service life of engine components
- possible coaching/block injector nozzles
- possible crankcase oil pollution
- potential corrosion of fuel injection system
- possible seizure of internal components
- possible formation of sludge and sediments
- possible thermal oxidation of fuel at elevated temperatures
- possible steel and gasket material degradation
- possible compatibility issues with other materials used in fuel handling distribution and storage equipment
- possible reduction in water separator efficiency
- potential high acid levels within fuel system
- potential damage to paint is exposed to bio diesel
- emissions – check engine year of manufacture
- emissions – how to find engine emissions certificates
- emissions – check engines horsepower rating.
Buying a second-hand Kubota RTV900 checklist
Many problems arise with a Kubota RTV900 when it is brought second-hand. Below is a checklist of things to look out for when buying a used second-hand machine which if followed, may help to alleviate some of the more common problems.
- Check vehicle documents and service book, warranty documents, year of manufacture, any chassis number and any outstanding finance.
- Check tires and wheels for wear and tear. Make sure the tires are the same type on any one axle, check for rim damage and check we’ll attachment for weights
- Check gearbox, especially if any grinding noises during steering. Check differential lock engages and disengages, functional rear and front power takeoff, PTO shaft condition and any unusual noises.
- Check lifting mechanism, the hydraulic pump system, any hoses and cylinders
- Check all electrical systems, make sure it is a functional lighting system and test all electrical elements
- Engine and battery – check for leaks in the unusual noises when starting or idling, any abnormal exhaust colouration. Check battery maintenance and emission control
- Oils and liquids – check for any oil leaks and liquid levels, check engine oil, coolant, hydraulic oil, servo oils and gearbox
- Cabin and visibility – condition of drivers seat, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, display indicators working, front and rear windows free of damage and check windscreen wipers and mirrors are working properly.
- Overall condition – check the signs of repairs, proof that spare parts and accessories are original, check for any corrosion or rust and any unusual alterations to paintwork.
Kubota RTV900 Accessories and Attachments
There are a wide range of accessories available for Kubota RTV’s. depending on the vehicle, if it s new, second hand or ha sbeen adapted in any way. below are listed some of the main ones.
3 ft.³ rear salt spreader
3 ft.³ rear seed spreader
10 ft.³ cargo box salt and sand spreader
68 gallons sprayer system
Deluxe hydraulic controls and valve kits
Front hydraulic quick hitch
Commercial HD 60 inch Rotary Broom
Commercial HD front 72 inch straight and V blade
General duty front 72 inch straight blade
- metal canopy
- black canopy
- Orange canopy
- plastic canopy
- tempered glass windshield
- laminated glass windshield
- hardcoded polycarbonate windshield
- metal door
- final door with metal frame
- metal rear panel
- external mirrors
- he took it
- windshield wiper kit
- interior dome light
- LED worksites
- front lights
- rear lights
- strobe lights
- acrylic windshield
- clear windshield
- tinted windshield
- uncoated polycarbonate windshield
- plastic canopy
- halogen worksites
Engine hand throttle kit
Front HT spring and damper kit
Backup alarm kit
Turn signal/hazard light kit
Front CV joint guards
Rear CV joint guards
Splash guard kits – front and rear wheels
Mirror kit for cab
Tail lamp guard
Halogen work lights
Plastic cargo bed liner
Vehicle and storage,
Trailer hitch ball mount kit
Rapid access cargo system
Engine hand throttle kit
Front accessory box
Front heavy load springs
Front heavy load Strutt
Front trailer hitch and pin
Front work light
Hydraulic bed lift kit
Large front garden
Rear trailer hitch and pin
Winch mounting kit
Kubota RTV900 Accessories,
Kubota RTV900 Price / For Sale,
Kubota RTV900 Problems,
Kubota RTV900 Craigslist,
Kubota RTV900 Diesel,
Kubota RTV900 Windshield,
Kubota RTV900 Problems – Starting,
Kubota RTV900 Problems – Engine,
Kubota RTV900 Problems – Transmission,
Kubota RTV900 Problems – Gearbox,
Kubota RTV900 Problems – Troubleshooting,
Kubota RTV 900 for sale,
A Kubota RTV 900 can be bought either from a Kubota dealership, through a dedicated tractor or UTV sites online, and auction sites such as eBay, a normal, site such as Amazon or through private sale through a local at.
Whether buying a new or used Kubota RTV 900, the same principles should apply as when buying any new or used vehicle, both in terms of the price of the vehicle, any finance or credit, any warranty and any special deals regarding servicing and maintenance.
All these factors affect the overall price of the RTV, both in terms of the purchase price and the running costs.
If buying a new Kubota RTV then negotiating with the dealership becomes the main focus, as if buying a used or second-hand RTV then other factors need to be taken into account.
Probably the most important is an understanding of what type of land the RTV has been used on, and the type of loads it has been used to carry.
Kubota RTV900 Diesel
The Kubota diesel engine has long been recognised and one of the most powerful and efficient in the industry, and the RTV900 takes full advantage of that. The current RTVX900 is a diesel engine with a displacement of the 898cc. It has a21.5 HP@3200rpm. It has two cylinders, a liquid cooling system and a maximum forward speed of 40 km per hour or 25 mph.
Kubota RTV900 price
As with any RTV,there is a list price and a sale price.
The list price for a 2020 Kubota RTPX900 G is likely to be around US$14,000.
This is likely to include a variable hydraulic transmission system with oil cooler, and in line to speed shifter, a limited slip front differential, dynamic braking, a strong high rigidity frame and a ROPS that meets all current safety standards.
Buying a used or second-hand RTV900 will depend entirely on the age of the utility vehicle, and the type of usage it has been doing.
Some current listings on a number of used equipment sites indicate a 2008 Kubota tuner hundred on sale forUS dollars 8500, eight 2005 about TV 900 on sale for US dollars 7208 2010 Kubota TV 900 on sale for US$7000.
As with all second-hand agricultural machinery,it is important to take into account what type of warranty is offered, and if there are any additional dealership fees or charges.
Any price should in theory be negotiable, and the dealership should be approached in the same way that one would approach by a new or used car or vehicle.
Kubota RTV900 accessories
There are a wide range of accessories available for all types of kubota RTV900’s, what ever their year of manufacture.
Some of these are what could be called cosmetic, others, designed to improve the performance and safety either of the cab itself or of the operators environment.
Some of the accessories are things like an external mirror kit, durable seat covers roll cage organisers, roll cage hand holds, grab handles winch mounts,
Kubota RTV900 windshield
A windshield can be an extremely useful accessory for a kubota RTV900, and there are many available online. They are normally easily attachable to the roll cage of the RTP with simple straps and closure tabs.
Date should be made of a heavy duty fabric that is water resistant both back and front, in order to provide maximum action against the weather and provide abrasion protection.
Kubota RTV900 tires
Although the Kubota RTV900 will come with standardand appropriate tires, there are a number of accessories can be bought to increase their effectiveness. It should be noted that wheels can also be bought at accessories if needed.
The standard accessories for tires are normally snow chains, and tire repair kits
Kubota RTV900 battery
Kubota RTV900 snowplough
One of the accessories that can be bought at his most useful for many people, is a standard snowplough, that can be used on a Kubota RTV900.
The most common kits are made by a company called Denali, who make a range of pro series plough kits that come in different sizes – 66 inch and 72 inch, as well as what is called a V shape plough kit.
The Denali attachments are made of 11 gauge steel, have an impact resistance reinforcement system, have a sandblasted powder coat, a rubber flap stabiliser and include a three year warranty.